With many students planning to leave campus for the remainder of the semester, please take a moment to review some general reminders. If you plan to remain on campus or in Boulder, review campus operations information below as we finish out the fall semester remotely.
During winter break, all residence halls will be closed and locked. Residents should remember to take airline tickets, clothes, skis/snowboards, passports, medicine or other items that will be needed during the break period. Only residents with a break contract will have access to their halls.
For more information, visit the Housing and Dining website.
Bear Creek Community Center hours
Bear Creek apartments will be open during winter break. Residents should be aware that the community center will have altered hours:
- Dec. 1 - Dec. 13: M-F 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. | Sat - Sun 12 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Dec. 14 - Jan 9: M-F 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. | Sat - Sun 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Dec. 24, Dec. 25 and Jan. 1: All doors locked-residents must use cards to swipe in
Buff Bus service changes
- Bear Creek Express service runs through 7 p.m. on Nov. 25 and resumes on Jan. 14 at 7 a.m.
- Williams Village Limited service runs through 7 p.m. on Nov. 25 and resumes on Jan. 14 at 7 a.m.
- Williams Village Full/Weekend service runs through 11 p.m. on Nov. 25. From Nov. 30 – Dec. 13, service runs Monday–Friday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Saturday–Sunday 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. From Jan. 4-13, service runs Monday–Friday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Saturday–Sunday 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Normal service resumes Jan. 14 at 10 a.m.
- Stampede services run Monday–Friday 7 a.m.– 10 p.m.
- Marine Street service runs Monday–Friday 7 a.m. – 5 p.m through Dec. 13 and resumes Jan. 14 at 7 a.m.
For updates on route information, visit the Parking and Transportation website.
Dining centers and grab-n-go locations will close after dinner on Nov. 25. This includes The Alley @ Farrand, Center for Community (C4C) Dining Center, CU on the Run, Sewall Dining Center and Village Center Dining.
The following locations will remain open Nov. 30 – Dec. 17:
- Starbucks will be open Monday–Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- The Bakery will be open Monday–Friday from 7 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Village Market will be open for normal operating hours.
- Alferd Packer Grill will be open for normal operating hours with the exception of weekend brunch hours.
- The SEEC Cafe will be open Nov. 30 – Dec. 10 for normal operating hours.
Starbucks and The Bakery will be closed Dec. 18 – Jan. 4. Village Market and Alferd Packer Grill will be closed Dec. 18 – Jan. 11.
The C4C Dining Center will reopen Jan. 7 for weekend hours and resume normal hours on Jan. 8. The Village Center Dining and Sewall Dining Center will reopen Jan. 8 with normal hours. The Alley @Farrand and CU on the Run will open on Jan. 11 with normal hours.
For more updates, visit the Housing and Dining website.
Health and Wellness Services
Health and Wellness Services, including Medical Services and Counseling and Psychiatric Services, will have special hours over fall and winter break.
UMC and CU Book Store
The UMC will have shortened hours over break:
- Nov. 25: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Nov. 26-29: Closed
- Nov. 30–Dec. 18: Monday–Friday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., Saturday–Sunday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Dec. 19–Jan. 3: Closed
- Jan. 4-8: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The CU Book Store is open 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday–Friday. It will be closed Nov. 26-29 for the Thanksgiving holiday, and Dec. 19 – Jan. 3. Starting Jan. 4, the Book Store will be open every day with varying hours.
The Rec Center
The Student Recreation Center and Williams Village Rec Center will have adjusted hours over fall and winter break. Visit Recreation Services website for hours and details.
Career Services is open for virtual appointments from Nov. 30 - Jan. 4. The office will be closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 1.
Looking for things to do? There are many opportunities to stay connected to your fellow Buffs through finals. Check out the Fall Events web page and follow @CUBoulderLife on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for upcoming events!