The deadline to submit travel receipts is 2 weeks after the last day of business-related travel.

SWx TREC members should use this form to request reimbursement for the following types of expenses:

  • Research/Conference travel: submission of Travel-related receipts for purhcases using a travel card.
  • Research-related materials, such as books, professional organization memberships, etc.

Please reference the department's Travel Guide for more details.


  • CU requires pre-approval for all trips
    • Note: department approval is required for combining personal and business travel
    • When booking airfare for a combined personal/business travel trip, a comparison quote must be generated. 
  • External internet airfares (purchased outside of Concur or Christopherson, on a personal card) will NOT be reimbursed under any circumstances. 
  • Please note fees may be incurred when booking travel:
    • A $20 additional fee will be charged for all international tickets.
    • A $20 additional service fee will be charged on domestic flight tickets booked via a Christopherson Travel Agent instead of through Concur.
  • You are responsible for complying with University rules and regulations aound purchases made using your University Travel Card.
  • Do not use your Procurement card while you are in travel status (i.e. leave your P-card at home while you're traveling).
  • Do not use your travel card to pay for meals while traveling. Individual food receipts will not be reimbursed. Travelers should request per diem for the days that they travel. First and last days of travel will be paid 75% of the per diem rate. Learn more about per diem rates on the site.
  • Tips may not exceed 20%. Any excess tip will need to be reimbursed to the University.
  • Merchandise purchases (for the exclusive use of the University) from either an in-state or out-of-state supplier, with Colorado as the shipping destination, are tax exempt and no sales tax should be applied. 
  • All University card holders are required to submit receipes within 30 days from the last day of their business-related travel. Guidlines around what you can and cannot purchase with your University Travel Card are available on the PSC Procedure Statement: Travel.
  • So that we might submit your receipts in this 30 day limit, within two weeks from the last day of your business-related travel, please complete the Travel Reimbursement form below.
    • University Travel Card receipts require both the detailed, itemized receipts and proof of purchase receipts. Personal expenses outside per diem rates are the responsibility of the traveler.
    • Personal receipts for business-related expenses for which you are seeking reimbursement must include detailed, itemized receipts and proof of pament. Incomplete receipts cannot be processed.
    • All receipts need to be legible.
    • Add comments whenever appropriate to explain charges or receipts.
    • The University's policy is that receipts are required for expenses >$75; however, receipts are required for all sponsored projects expenses, so please keep all receipts when traveling on sponsored project-related business. 
  • Note: per University of Colorado policy, reimbursement for early check-in/seat assignments, late fees, and/or alochol purhcases are not allowed.

Fill out the Travel Reimbursement Form, and submit it along with your itemized receipts* to Please include justification for all items.