Who can enroll in the Space Minor?

Any CU Boulder undergraduate from any major can enroll in the Space Minor!

What are the enrollment requirements?

To enroll in the Space Minor program, students should already be admitted at the University of Colorado Boulder, have a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA, and complete the online Space Minor enrollment form.

Do you have to enroll in the minor during your freshman year?

No. Students can enroll at any time during their academic career, understanding that there are 15 hours of coursework to complete the minor before they graduate.

Why should a student seek a Space Minor?

The Space Minor provides an opportunity to understand the language, concepts, and issues associated with the science and technology of Earth and space. With this background, you will gain an appreciation of our place in the universe and prepare yourself to understand, respond to, and be leaders in the exciting field of space studies.

Can any major enroll in the Minor?

Absolutely! The Space Minor is open to any undergraduate student from any major. We recommend you speak with the Space Minor Program Manager and an advisor in your college or program to understand where you stand in completing the requirements of both your program and the minor.

I've tried to enroll in the Pathway to Space class and can't find it when enrolling, I'm I missing it?

If you are looking to enroll in the Fall, the Pathway to Space class (ASEN 1969) is only offered in the Spring time, however, you are welcome to take any of the elective courses for the minor in the fall.

Can I start taking Space Minor elective courses before Pathway to Space?

Absolutely! You can take any of the approved Space Minor elective courses whenever they work into your schedule.

I saw a space related course that isn't on the approved course list, can I take it and get credit towards the Space Minor?

Any space-related CU course can be petitioned to count towards the minor. Please email spaceminor@colorado.edu, and the petition form will be sent to you!

I'm interested in Study Abroad, does the Space Minor allow study abroad courses?

Absolutely! We have had a number of students take a space-related course, especailly astronomy courses, while doing study abroad. Just email spaceminor@colorado.edu to get the course petition form so we can approve the course.

What if I don't have a GPA because I am a freshmen?

We allow first semester students to apply for the Space Minor. Please fill out the enrollment form to enroll in the minor.

What if I have below a 2.5 GPA?

We encourage you to still apply for the Space Minor, and we will review your application to see if you are a good fit for the program.