Over the past 25 years, innovations in space applications and technologies have transformed the ways we communicate, get our news, find our way, and engage in commerce; enabling us to study, understand, and address many issues critical to our future – from global warming to safe and sufficient water.
- The space industry is rapidly growing
- Anyone can be a part of the global space economy
- Skilled professionals are needed to take a leading role
- Start-up companies and expanding industry require an educated workforce in all areas, not just science and engineering
- The global space economy grew by 9% in 2014, reaching a total of $330 billion worldwide (The Space Report 2015)