Effective March 16, 2020, the CU Boulder campus is transitioning to remote teaching, learning and work for the remainder of the spring semester. The campus is planning to remain open and Science Discovery staff will continue to work during this time, but we will do so remotely. The university has not yet made a decision about summer programs. We continue to plan for our 2020 summer season and will accept registrations online and over the phone as usual. If you’d like to speak with our registrar, please leave a voicemail with your phone number on our main phone line (303-492-7188) or send an email requesting a call back. Our top priority is keeping our community healthy and safe. We greatly appreciate your patience and flexibility as we navigate this ever-evolving situation. For current updates about the University of Colorado Boulder response to COVID-19, please visit the CU website.
CU Science Discovery offers a variety of full-day summer camps and high school classes for kids ages 5-18. These experiential STEM learning experiences are designed to inspire creativity and a thirst for knowledge, while creating lasting memories in a fun environment with like-minded friends. Participants are encouraged to explore topics that are of interest to them, ask questions, and share their knowledge and expertise with others. Being a part of a Science Discovery summer program gives you peace of mind that your child will spend their time away from school in an environment that fosters growth and curiosity, while laying the foundation for a lifetime love of learning.
K-8 summer camps and high school classes feature:
- Project-based learning activities that are engaging, informative and fun
- Opportunities to explore a variety of STEM topics
- Free supervised lunch and optional after-care for working families
- Enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and experienced instructors, including CU faculty, graduate and undergraduate scientists
- Use of University equipment, laboratories and resources on the CU Boulder campus
- Individualized attention and small camp and class sizes (maximum ratio 8:1)
Please note: Users are only permitted to filter by one selection at a time.