Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, CU Science Discovery is offering its K-12 summer STEM classes in a remote format that combines online learning with hands-on activities. Please see our updated summer schedule below. To speak with our registrar, please leave a voicemail with your phone number on our main phone line (303-492-7188) or send an email requesting a call back. For current updates about the University of Colorado Boulder response to COVID-19, please visit the CU website.
CU Science Discovery offers a variety of hands-on summer STEM experiences for ages 5-18. Our virtual STEM classes are designed to inspire creativity and a thirst for knowledge, while allowing students to interact online with their peers in a safe setting. Participants are encouraged to explore topics that are of interest to them, ask questions, and share their knowledge and expertise with others. Participating in a Science Discovery summer program gives you peace of mind that your child will spend part of their summer in an environment that stimulates creative thinking and fosters growth and curiosity.
CU Science Discovery's virtual summer camps and high school classes:
- Provide opportunities for K-12 students to explore a variety of STEM topics
- Are led by enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and experienced instructors, including CU faculty, graduate and undergraduate scientists
- Include project-based learning activities that are engaging, informative and fun
- Combine virtual class meeting time (over Zoom) with online and hands-on activities
- Provide individualized attention and small camp and class sizes
- Allow for independent student work time, followed by optional office hours for instructors to address student questions (where indicated)
- Offer live instruction times that correspond appropriately to different grade levels
- Provide a unique opportunity for parents to get a glimpse into their child's summer camp experiences
Please note: Users are only permitted to filter by one selection at a time.