Despite social distancing, CU Summer Session still has hundreds of classes available to help you earn credit toward your degree. Summer classes provide you the flexibility to lighten your course load in future semesters or help you stay on track toward graduation.
Summer Sessions are staggered to fit your schedule and, if your summer unexpectedly frees up, registration remains open through at least the second day of the session (look up a session's add deadline).
Meeting Dates & Instruction Formats
In light of recent guidance around COVID-19, all summer classes [updated 6/3/2020] will be offered in an online, remote or hybrid remote/online teaching format. For the most current information, refer to the Summer Session website.
- Maymester: May 11–29
- Session A: June 1–July 2
- Session B: July 7–August 7
- Session C: June 1–July 24
- Session D: June 1–August 7
- Session E: June 1–July 2 (variable)
- Session F: July 7–August 7 (variable)
- Augmester: August 3–20
Nervous about taking an online or remote class in summer?
- Read our tips for online and remote learning.
- Find guidance on remote learning from the Office of Information Technology.
- Watch a helpful webinar about being an online student by the Division of Continuing Education.
If you're using VA benefits to pay for classes, please monitor your schedule for changes to the instruction method and contact CU Boulder's Veteran and Military Affairs office with questions.