Greetings, catalog contributors.
We’re excited to begin work on the next university catalog. Here’s an overview of the 2018–19 catalog production schedule, upcoming training sessions and a preview of your next steps.
Catalog Production Schedule
If any of the following dates change, we’ll email this list and update our Catalog Production webpage.
- Wednesday, Sept. 27: Catalog staff distribute workflow drafts to contributors for editing and approval (details below).
- Friday, Oct. 6: Deadline for contributors to submit workflow edits.
- Monday, Oct. 16: Catalog staff initiate all workflows; catalog edits begin.
- Monday, Oct. 16–Friday, Oct. 20: Catalog staff hold group training sessions (details below).
- October–November: Catalog staff hold drop-in office hours (dates/times TBD).
- Friday, Nov. 17:
- Deadline for departments to submit new course proposals and course revisions.
- Deadline for department-level catalog editors to approve pages.
- February 2018: Deadline for college-level catalog editors to approve pages.
- March 2018: Catalog staff publish the 2018–19 University Catalog.
Register for Catalog Training
If you’re new to the catalog project, please register for an upcoming training session.
Space is limited, so returning users should only register if they had significant trouble last year or have moved from a non-academic department to an academic department. We provide one-on-one assistance to both new and returning users during our fall drop-in hours (schedule coming soon).
New Users: Academic Departments
These sessions include training on course lists and plan-of-study tables.
- Monday, Oct. 16: 9–10:30 a.m.
- Friday, Oct. 20: 3–4:30 p.m.
New Users: Non-academic Departments
Wednesday, Oct. 18: 3:30–4:30 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 20: 9–10 a.m.
Update Your Catalog Workflow(s)
One of our biggest production enhancements last year was the ability to establish automated editing workflows. Next week, we’ll be reaching out to catalog contributors to review and approve their workflow for each catalog page.
Please begin thinking about who should write, edit and approve your catalog content, and be ready to submit this information by Friday, Oct. 6.
- Subscribe to this email list, if you haven’t already.
- Submit changes to the current 2017–18 university catalog by submitting the appropriate form:
- Send questions about the current or upcoming catalog to email@example.com.
Thank you again for helping us to continually enhance the catalog’s accuracy, usability and scope. We look forward to working with you in the months ahead.
Crystal Eilerman & Dustin Moody
CU Boulder Catalog Team
Office of the Registrar