What is Waze Carpool?
It is an app based service that matches drivers and riders who are commuting at similar times via similar routes:
- The driver gets paid up to $0.54/mile, or can choose a set fee
- The rider gets a low cost ride, free until Dec. 31.
Why is Waze Carpool Cool?
- Unlike old school ride matching, matches are easier to make and can be close to real-time
- If you don't like your carpool partner you just choose a different one the next day
- It can reduce commute costs, get you there faster, fill empty seats and reduce commute congestion
Isn't this what other ride-sharing services do?
No, Waze is specifically meant for commuters, the driver is limited to providing two rides a day, and the amount they can earn is capped. Plus, this is much cheaper for the rider!
To get started:
Rider - Request a carpool ride
- Download Waze Carpool (iOS / Android)
- Add your @colorado.edu email address to your profile to better match with other CU Buffs (This is required to trigger the free rides!)
- In the app, tap Request ride & select the days you want to carpool
- Relax in the passenger seat...commuting just got easier
Driver - Give a carpool ride
- Download Waze (iOS / Android)
- Add your @colorado.edu email address to your profile to better match with other CU Buffs
- In the app, tap "Offer Ride" and select the day(s) you want to carpool
- Start carpooling and start saving money on your commute
Waze carpool website