What is R-Cubed?
R-Cubed is focused on improving representation, recruitment, and retention in the physics department. We lead a genuine community effort involving faculty, post-docs, undergraduate and graduate students, and staff members. Our primary goals to support equity and inclusion efforts include:
- Increasing the representation of students by influencing the admissions and recruitment process
- Building more community, resources, and support structures to improve departmental climate and retention
- Defining structures, procedures, and goals for R-Cubed to have broader involvement in the department
Primary ongoing and completed projects
- Developing a departmental promotional campaign with Strategic Relations to enhance outreach to prospective students
- Connecting with admitted undergraduate students in collaboration with Women in Physics and CU-Prime
- Promoting community by hosting Undergraduate Welcome events each fall and spring semester
- Established a monthly Equity, Inclusion & Cookies series open to all members of the department
- Conducted research and data analysis to produce a Report on Diversity in the Undergraduate Physics Majors
- Hosted open departmental meetings in response to the university's Inclusive Excellence initiative, and produced an Inclusive Excellence document
How to get involved
If you’re interested in helping with an upcoming event, just want to stay updated on the latest R-Cubed news, or if you have feedback for us, please let us know.