Office: JILA X455
I am interested in precision measurements and Bose-Einstein condensation and related topics in ultracold atoms.
I do experiments in Bose-Einstein condensation and related topics in ultracold atoms. More recently, I've been involved with an experiment to put an improved limit on the electron electric dipole moment. Still more recently, I've started a project to develop technology for extracting electricity from waste heat.
For a list of Professor Cornell's most recent publications, visit http://jila.colorado.edu/bec/CornellGroup/publications.html.
- Universal Dynamics of a Degenerate Unitary Bose gas P. Makotyn, C. E. Klauss, D. L. Goldberger, E. A. Cornell, D. S. Jin, Nature Physics 10, 116-119 (2014) arXiv PDF Published Version
- Precision Spectroscopy of Polarized Molecules in an Ion Trap H. Loh, K. C. Cossel, M. C. Grau, K.-K. Ni, E. R. Meyer, J. L. Bohn, J. Ye, E. A. Cornell, Science,342, 1220-1222 (2013) arXiv PDF
- Broadband velocity modulation spectroscopy of HfF+: Towards a measurement of the electron electric dipole moment K.C. Cossel, D. N. Gresh, L. C. Sinclair, T. Coffey, L. V. Skripnikov, A. N. Petrov, N. S. Mosyagin, A. V. Titov AV, R. W. Field, E. R. Meyer ER, E. A. Cornell, J. Ye, Chem. Phys. Lett. 546, (2012) 1-11 arXiv PDF
- S. B. Papp, J. M. Pino, R. J. Wild, S. Ronen, C. E. Wieman, D. S. Jin and E. A. Cornell, “Bragg spectroscopy of a strongly interacting 85Rb Bose-Einstein condensate,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 135301/1-4 (2008).
- V. Schweikhard, S. Tung and E. A. Cornell, “Vortex proliferation in the Berezinskii-Kosterlitz- Thouless regime on a two-dimensional lattice of Bose-Einstein condensates,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 99, 030401/1-4 (2007).
- J. M. Obrecht, R. J. Wild, M. Antezza, L. P. Pitaevskii, S. Stringari and E. A. Cornell, “Measurement of the temperature dependence of the Casimir Polder force,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 063201/1-4 (2007).
- M. H. Anderson, J. R. Ensher, M. R. Matthews, C. E. Wieman and E. A. Cornell, “Observation of Bose-Einstein condensation in a dilute atomic vapor,” Science 269, 198 (1995).