My research includes quantum-state-resolved laser spectroscopy and dynamics of van der Waals and hydrogen-bonded clusters, time-resolved kinetics of atmospheric radicals, crossed-beam studies of state-to-state inelastic and reactive dynamics, high-resolution laser spectroscopy of jet-cooled radicals and molecular ions, nonlinear frequency generation of narrowband tunable infrared laser sources, vibrationally mediated photochemistry in size/quantum state-selected clusters, alignment phenomena, collision dynamics of gases with thin films, and development of atomic force/scanning-tunneling methods for near-field-scanning optical microscopy (NSOM) of molecules on surfaces.
- E. D. Holmstrom and Nesbitt, D. J. , “Biophysical Insights from Temperature-Dependent Single-Molecule FRET”, Annual Review of Physical Chemistry, vol. 67, 2016.
- Y. Liu, Holmstrom, E. , Zhang, J. , Yu, P. , Wang, J. , Dyba, M. A. , Chen, D. , Ying, J. , Lockett, S. , Nesbitt, D. J. , Ferre-D’Amare, A. , Sousa, R. , Stagno, J. R. , and Wang, Y. - X. , “Synthesis and applications of RNAs with position-selective labelling and mosaic composition”, Nature, vol. 522, pp. 368–372, 2015. Journal Article DOI URL
- C. - H. Chang and Nesbitt, D. J. , “Sub-Doppler Infrared Spectroscopy of Propargyl Radical (H2CCCH) in a Slit Supersonic Expansion”, The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 142, pp. 244-313, 2015. Journal Article DOI URL
- C. - H. Chang and Nesbitt, D. J. , “Spectroscopy and dynamics of jet cooled polyynes in a slip supersonic discharge: Sub-Doppler infrared spectroscopy of diaacetylene HCCCCH”, The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 119, no. 28, pp. 7940–7950, 2015. Journal Article DOI URL
- E. D. Holmsrom, Dupuis, N. F. , and Nesbitt, D. J. , “Kinetic and Thermodymamic Origins of Osmolyte-Influenced Nucleic Acid Folding”, J. Phys. Chem B, 2015. Journal Article DOI URL
- M. Vieweger, Holmstrom, E. D. , and Nesbitt, D. J. , “Single-Molecule FRET Three Conformations for the tRNA-like Structure of Brome Mosaic Virus”, BioPhysical Journal, vol. 109, no. 12, pp. 2625–2636, 2015. Journal Article DOI URL
- A. Zutz and Nesbitt, D. J. , “Non-Adiabatic Spin-Orbit Excitation Dynamics in Quantum State-Resolved NO Scattering at the Gas-Room Temperature Ionic Liquid Interface”, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 119, no. 16, pp. 8596–8607, 2015. Journal Article DOI URL
- K. T. Early and Nesbitt, D. J. , “Two-Photon Excited Fluorescence Intermittency in Single CdSe/ZnS Quantum Dots”, Nano Letters, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 7781–7787, 2015. Journal Article DOI URL
- C. Savage, Dong, F. , and Nesbitt, D. J. , “High-resolution spectroscopy of jet-cooled CH5+: Progress”, in AIP Conference Proceedings: Proc. International Conference of Computational Methods in Sciences and Engineering 2010 (ICCMSE-2010), Kos, Greece, 2015. Conference Paper DOI URL