Dr. Baker is active in the space research and space weather communities. As co-investigator, coauthor, or co-presenter, he has collaborated with nearly 200 space research professionals since 1999.
- Baker, D.N., Solar wind-magnetosphere drivers of space weather, J. Atmos. Terr. Phys., 58, No. 14, 1509-1526, 1996.
- Baker, D.N., What is space weather, Adv. Space Res., 22, 7-16, 1998.
- Baker, D.N., The occurrence of operational anomalies in spacecraft and their relationship to space weather, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, 28, 2007-2016, 2000.
- Baker, D.N., How to cope with space weather, Science, 297, 30 Aug 2002.
- Baker, D.N., S.G. Kanekal, and J.B. Blake, Characterizing the Earth’s Outer Van Allen zone using the Radiation Belt Content (RBC) Index, Space Weather, 2, S02003, doi:10.1029/2003SW000026, 2004.