Office Hours: Updated hours available at http://jila.colorado.edu/regal/content/teaching •
My main research interest is engineering and exploring isolated quantum systems for quantum information and quantum optics. In particular I focus on manipulating single and few neutral atoms and the quest to control single phonons in mesoscopic mechanical oscillators. This experimental work relies upon low-loss optical interfaces and laser cooling and trapping techniques.
- A.M. Kaufman, B.J. Lester, M. Foss-Feig, M.L. Wall, A.M. Rey, C.A. Regal, Entangling two transportable neutral atoms via local spin exchange. Nature 527, 208 - 211 (2015).
- T.P. Purdy, P.L. Yu, N.S. Kampel, R.W. Peterson, K. Cicak, R.W. Simmonds, C.A. Regal, Optomechanical Raman-ratio thermometry. Phys. Rev. A 92, 031802(R) (2015).
- B. J. Lester, N. Luick, A. M. Kaufman, C. M. Reynolds, and C. A. Regal, Rapid production of uniform arrays of neutral atoms. Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 073003 (2015).
- B. J. Lester, A. M. Kaufman, and C. A. Regal, Raman cooling imaging: Detecting single atoms near their ground state of motion. Phys. Rev. A 90, 011804(R) (2014).
- A. M. Kaufman, B. J. Lester, C. M. Reynolds, M. L. Wall, M. Foss-Feig, K. R. A. Hazzard, A. M. Rey, C. A. Regal, Two-particle quantum interference in tunnel-coupled optical tweezers. Science 345, 306 (2014). [Featured in Science Perspective article]
- G. D. Cole, P.-L. Yu, C. Gartner, K. Siquans, R. Moghadas Nia, J. Schmole, J. HoelscherObermaier, T. P. Purdy, W. Wieczorek, C. A. Regal, and M. Aspelmeyer, Tensile strained InxGa1-xP, Appl. Phys. Lett. 104, 201908 (2014).
- P.-L. Yu, K. Cicak, N. S. Kampel, Y. Tsaturyan, T. P. Purdy, R. W. Simmonds, and C. A. Regal, A phononic bandgap shield for high-Q membrane microresonators, Appl. Phys. Lett. 104, 023510 (2014).
- R. W. Andrews, R. W. Peterson, T. P. Purdy, K. Cicak, R. W. Simmonds, C. A. Regal, and K. W. Lehnert, Bidirectional and efficient conversion between microwave and optical light, Nature Phys. 10, 321 (2014).
- T. P. Purdy, P.-L. Yu, R. W. Peterson, N. S. Kampel, and C. A. Regal, Strong optomechanical squeezing of light, Phys. Rev. X 3, 031012 (2013). [Featured as APS Physics Viewpoint]