Office: 81-1A205, NIST, 325 Broadway
My group performs quantum information experiments with trapped atomic ions. High-fidelity coherent control of atoms is used to explore applications of quantum entanglement ranging from quantum logic and computing to quantum-enhanced precision measurement. A major focus of my research is the development of techniques and tools that will be needed in large-scale, fault-tolerant, quantum-information processors. My labs are part of the NIST Ion Storage Group and located on the NIST campus in Boulder.
- K. C. McCormick, J. Keller, S. C. Burd, D. J. Wineland, A. C. Wilson, and D. Leibfried, Quantum-enhanced sensing of a mechanical oscillator, Nature 572, 86 (2019).
- Y. Wan, D. Kienzler, S. D. Erickson, K. H. Mayer, T. R. Tan, J. J. Wu, H. M. Vasconcelos, S. Glancy, E. Knill, D. J. Wineland, A. C. Wilson, D. Leibfried, Quantum gate teleportation between separated zones of a trapped-ion processor, Science 364, 875 (2019).
- R. Srinivas, S. C. Burd, R. T. Sutherland, A. C. Wilson, D. J. Wineland, D. Leibfried, D. T. C. Allcock, and D. H. Slichter, Trapped-ion spin-motion coupling with microwaves and a near-motional oscillating magnetic field gradient, Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, 163201 (2019).
- S. C. Burd, R. Srinivas, J. J. Bollinger, A. C. Wilson, D. J. Wineland, D. Leibfried, D. H. Slichter, D. T. C. Allcock, Quantum amplification of mechanical oscillator motion, Science 364, 1163 (2019).
- A.C. Wilson, Y. Colombe, K. R. Brown, E. Knill, D. Leibfried, and D. J. Wineland, Tunable spin–spin interactions and entanglement of ions in separate potential wells, Nature 512, 57 (2014).
- K.R. Brown, C. Ospelkaus, Y. Colombe, A.C. Wilson, D. Leifried, and D.J. Wineland, Coupled quantized mechanical oscillators, Nature 471, 196 (2011).