Below are links to resources and strategies that can assist in the resolution of a conflict or concern. Click on the desired title to access the file or link.
- Appropriate Use of Email
- Communication Roadblocks
- Don't Hit Send Until You Read This
- Elements of an Effective Apology
- Informal Mediation with the Ombuds
- Mediation and Facilitated Conversation Ground Rules
- Negotiation Strategies
- Online Mediation Guidelines and Ground Rules
- Practices of an Effective Listener
- Preempting Discord: Prenuptial Agreements for Scientists
- Resources For ARPAC Climate Report Recipients
- Responding to Critical Supervisory Feedback
- Retroactive Withdrawal Process and Considerations for Undergraduate Students and Continuing Education Students
- Signs You Might Be A Toxic Colleague
- Some Considerations Regarding Advisors-Advisee Relations
- Talking With A Professor About Your Grade; A Guide For Students
- We Have to Talk: A Step-By-Step Checklist for Difficult Conversations
- Why You Should Ignore All That Coronavirus-Inspired Productivity Pressure
American Bar Association Rocky Mountain Regional Ombuds Day Event 2019
Featured Speaker Ken Cloke, BA, JD, PhD, LLM presents Conflict Revolution: Designing Preventative Systems for Chronic Social, Economic and Political Conflicts. Watch now!
Ombuds Panel Discussion: Ombuds: What’s in a name? Watch now!
Ombuds Office Charter
We are delighted to announce the adoption of an official ombuds office charter. The charter is an agreement between the University of Colorado Boulder and the University of Colorado Boulder Ombuds Office codifying the ombuds roles and responsibilities, as well as establishing a shared understanding of how the office functions within the university. Take a look! It is available here.
- University of Colorado Boulder Ombuds Office Annual Report 2016-2017
- University of Colorado Boulder Ombuds Office Annual Report 2017-2018
- University of Colorado Boulder Ombuds Office Annual Report 2018-2019
- University of Colorado Boulder Ombuds Office Annual Report 2019-2020
- University of Colorado Boulder Ombuds Office Annual Report 2020-2021
- University of Colorado Boulder Ombuds Office Annual Report 2021-2022
Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- International Ombuds Association Code of Ethics
- International Ombuds Association Standards of Practice
If you require the content of this webpage or the linked documents in another format, please contact the Ombuds Office by calling 303-492-5077.