Professor Emeritus • Ph.D. Berkeley, 1961
Logic, Boolean Algebras
My present research interests are the theory of infinite Boolean algebras and related set-theoretic topics, such as continuum cardinals and pcf theory. My previous research was in algebraic logic (cylindric algebras and relation algebras), and I also did some work in pure logic, set theory, and universal algebra.
- Cylindric Algebras, I, II, (with L. Henkin, A. Tarski). North-Holland 1971, 1985. 508pp and 303pp.
- A very rigid Boolean algebra. Israel J. Math. 35 (1980), 135-150.
- Cardinal invariants on Boolean algebras. Birkhauser 1996. 298pp.
- Continuum cardinals generalized to Boolean algebras. J. Symb. Logic. 66 (2001), 1928 - 1958.
- The size of maximal almost disjoint families. Diss. Math. 437 (2006), 47pp.