Professor Emeritus • PhD, Budapest (Hungary), 1982
Algebra, Combinatorics and Logic
My research interests include the structure theory of finite algebras, commutator theory, classification results using clone theory, and applications of these techniques and results to problems such as the constraint satisfaction problem in computer science or Suzuki type problems on subgroup lattices of groups.
- Groups with identical subgroup lattices in all powers (with K. A. Kearnes). J. Group Theory 7 (2004), 385-402.
- The relationship between two commutators, (with K. A. Kearnes). International Journal of Algebra and Computation 8 (1998), 497-531.
- Term minimal algebras. Algebra Universalis. 32 (1994), 439-477.
- Simple surjective algebras having no proper subalgebras, J. Austral. Math. Soc. Ser A 48 (1990), 434-454.
- Clones in Universal Algebra. Seminaire de Mathematiques Superieures 99, Les Presses de l'Universite de Montreal, Montreal, 1986.