Spring 2021 Move-in Schedule
- All residence hall and Bear Creek students will be required to schedule a move-in appointment to regain access to their room.
- Newly arriving students will move in on Sunday, Jan. 10, 2021
- Students returning to campus will select from available appointments between Monday, Jan. 11- Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021.
- There are a limited number of appointments per hall, per day. It is highly encouraged that students wait to confirm travel arrangements until they have scheduled their move-in appointment.
Move-in appointments will be scheduled through the students MyCULiving portal. Return to this site for more detailed instructions in December.
Spring 2021 Move-in Instructions
All students living in Bear Creek and the residence halls will be required to complete a COVID-19 test prior to re-entering their residence hall or apartment.
Testing information will be posted to this site in December.
Spring 2021 parking information will be available in December.
Fall 2020 Move-in Instructions
Fall 2020 Move-In Schedules
First year students will move into their residence halls between Monday, August 17, 2020 and Friday, August 21, 2020. Each residence hall will have a unique schedule based on capacity and layout. Not all buildings will move in on each day.
Upper class students residing in residence halls will move into their residence halls on Saturday, August 22, 2020 or Sunday, August 23, 2020.
Bear Creek students will move in between Saturday, August 15, 2020 and Sunday, August 23, 2020.
Move-in Appointment: Check-in and Testing Verification
- Your move-in appointment is your first stop on campus.
- You may arrive at any point during your move-in appointment time. For example, if your move-in appointment is from 3 - 4 p.m. you can arrive at any point during this window.
- You will not be permitted to enter your residence hall until you have completed this step.
- Residence Life staff are aware that you will not arrive at the residence hall until after you have completed your move-in appointment and testing verification.
Move-in Appointment Locations
Your move-in appointment location will vary based on the day of your scheduled move-in appointment. All students will report to their specified location below:
- Saturday, August 15: Bear Creek students only - Will Vill Village Center Health Clinic
- Sunday, August 16: Bear Creek students only - Will Vill Village Center Health Clinic
- Monday, August 17: First-year students and Bear Creek students - CU Events Center
- Tuesday, August 18: First-year students and Bear Creek students - CU Events Center
- Wednesday, August 19: First-year students and Bear Creek students - CU Events Center
- Thursday, August 20: First-year students and Bear Creek students - CU Events Center
- Friday, August 21: First-year students and Bear Creek students - CU Events Center
- Saturday, August 22: Returning residence hall students and Bear Creek students - Wardenburg Health Center
- Sunday, August 23: Returning residence hall students and Bear Creek students - Wardenburg Health Center
Arriving at your move-in appointment location
- All students must wear a face covering and maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
- Family members and guests will be asked to wait in your vehicle - family members/guests will not be permitted to wait in line or enter the appointment location.
- Please bring your Buff OneCard or photo ID.
- Please bring a physical copy of your lab results, or other medical paperwork verifying your negative test result.
- Tests will be available for those who are still awaiting their results or who were not able to get tested before arrival on campus.
Fall 2020 Health Precautions During Move-In
Residence Life staff have been working closely with campus, City of Boulder and State of Colorado health officials to plan for and implement move-in 2020. In order to minimize disruptions in the process, and with your health and safety in mind, the University of Colorado Boulder is asking all students, families and guests to abide by the following expectations:
All students, families and guests over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask, or other facial covering throughout the move-in process. We encourage all those visiting to bring a mask that is comfortable for them. A limited number of disposable masks will be available for those who are unable to provide their own.
Up to two family members or guests may accompany a student to campus. With the realization that residence hall corridors and lobbies will be more heavily trafficked during move-in, up to one family member, or guest, may accompany the student inside of their residence hall at a time. Guest badges will be issued at check-in.
Move-in luggage carts will be available for students to check-out, and will be wiped down by volunteers between each use. For your own comfort, families are welcome to bring their own dolly or collapsible moving cart.
CU staff and volunteers will be assigned to regularly wipe elevator buttons, handrails, door handles and other commonly touched surfaces.
Elevators are not available in all residence halls. Where elevators are accessible, for your safety, the capacity will be limited to one related group at a time. When possible, we encourage students to use the stairs to reduce elevator lines.
Move-in volunteers will be available throughout campus to support traffic flow and other operations. As we work to minimize contact between unrelated parties, our volunteers will be unable to provide support in carrying personal items or pushing move-in luggage carts.