Stampede Camp is a three-day experience for incoming students living within the residence halls. It's a great way for incoming first-year students to find their place at the University of Colorado Boulder. Through service projects, campus resource presentations and exciting, educational workshops, students are introduced to each other and campus. The stress-free, welcoming environment and small group exchanges prepare participants for their first year as a CU Buff and beyond!
Highlights of Stampede
- Learn about clubs and organizations at CU such as RHA, CUSG, the Herd, and more!
- Connect with upper-division mentors to learn about the CU experience
- Have focused time with other camp participants that are passionate about student leadership
- Discover and participate in various activities and leadership development sessions hosted by Residence Life, Student Involvement, and other Student Affairs Departments
- Be the first to meet all of your neighbors by serving as CU Fall Welcome/Move-In Volunteer
If you have any questions, please send us an email!
- Stampede participants must be able to move in on Sunday, Aug. 15, 2021 as well as attend and fully participate in all three days of the camp. Camp programs are expected to run between 9 a.m. and 10 p.m. each day, Monday, Aug. 16 - Wednesday, Aug. 18.
- Stampede participants will be expected to, volunteer during a Fall Move-In shift as well as at a Fall Welcome event.
- All communication will be sent to your official CU Boulder email account (Example: email@example.com). If you do not currently have a school email address, we will use the alternate email address you provide within your application.
- If you have any questions about the application or camp commitments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NOTE: Resident Advisors (RAs) cannot be Stampede Campers due to the conflict between their activity and training schedules. Should you apply, and be accepted to multiple early arrival programs, you will be asked to choose which program you would like to proceed with by the Coordinators of the programs
- The priority deadline for acceptance into Stampede Leadership Camp is Friday, June 4, 2021 at 11:59pm MST.
- The final deadline for applications is Friday, July 9 at 11:59 PM MST. , although the program may reach capacity before this time.
- Acceptance into this program will be rolling, with initial review of applications beginning on Monday, June 7. Final program acceptance will occur by Stampede participants and alternates will be notified of their status by Friday, July 16.
- Students will be notified of their acceptance via their colorado.edu email account, and must complete the Stampede Leadership Camp RSVP confirmation form within 7 days of notification. Those that do not complete the Stampede Camp RSVP form will be considered as declining the ability to participate in Stampede Camp, and will be unable to move in early.