Housing and Dining accepts checks, money orders and cashier/certified checks through the mail or delivered directly to the, Graduate & Family Housing and Cashiers (C4C) offices for standard payment of rent, which is typically due no later than the first of each month. No cash will be accepted for rent payments due to liability restrictions.

Online rent payment can be paid through the following ways: 

  1. Graduate students (students with identikeys): Log into MyCULiving portal (using your identikey and password), and click ‘Online Rent Payment’ in the top, gold bar to pay rent. 
  2. Faculty/Staff/Post Doc/Visiting Scholars: Log into the this portal (using your email and password you created when applying for GFH) and click ‘Online Rent Payment’ in the top, black bar to pay rent.  Please note: online payment is an added service for our residents, terms and conditions may change at any time without notice, and may be cancelled without notice should there be reason to stop accepting online payments. Should the online payment system not be available, rent is still due on the first of each month; please mail or drop your payment to the Housing & Dining Services Cashier’s Office, located in the Center for Community (C4C) in Suite S300.

Residents without a U.S. Bank Account

  • In order to use the online payment system, you will need to have a checking account with a bank in the United States.
  • If you do not have a U.S. bank account you may want to consider opening an account at a local bank or credit union. It is important to compare fees and services to determine which bank is the best fit for you. Some banks may offer free checking or savings accounts, others may require that a certain minimum amount of money be in an account, or may yield higher interest rates.
  • When you are setting up your account, take your Buff OneCard, passport and the funds you intend to deposit with you. You can also bring your I-20 or DS-2019 as additional proof of your status in the U.S. and affiliation with CU Boulder.
    • Banks in Boulder that do NOT require a Social Security Number to open an account: ChaseFirst BankUS Bank and Wells Fargo. Please note: individuals from countries subject to U.S. sanctions may require additional documentation.
  • Elevations Credit Union has a branch conveniently located on-campus in the University Memorial Center. They require that you provide either a Social Security Number or proof that you have applied for one (SSN application receipt). 
  • Questions? Contact the Graduate & Family Housing Office via email or phone 303-492-6384.