Updated January 7, 2021
Spring 2021 Dining
- When will dining centers open for the spring semester?
- Can I purchase a meal plan?
- What forms of payment can I use to eat on campus and what forms of payment will locations be accepting?
- I am living in the residence halls - where can I eat?
- I am living in Bear Creek - where can I eat?
- I am not an on-campus student and do not have a meal plan, can I eat on campus?
The Alferd Packer Grill, The Bakery and Starbucks will reopen on Monday, Jan. 11. For the most up-to-date information about opening dates and hours for each of our locations, visit the dining locations and hours page.
A limited number of Block Meal Plans will be available to residents in Bear Creek and off-campus students. Block Meal Plans will only be sold in 25- and 50-meal increments and students can add an additional meal plan if they use all their meals before the end of the semester.
Res Hall residents - Meal plans, Munch Money, Campus Cash, credit cards
Bear Creek and Graduate & Family Housing residents - Campus Cash, credit cards, and Block Meal Plan (Bear Creek only)
Off-campus students, faculty, staff - Campus Cash and credit cards
Alferd Packer Grill (Meal Plan, Campus Cash and credit cards only - Grab-n-Go - open to students, staff and faculty)
Center for Community (Meal Plan only - Grab-n-Go - open to residence hall students)
Sewall Dining Center (Meal Plan only - Order ahead and Grab-n-Go - open to residence hall students)
Village Center Dining (Meal Plan only Grab-n-Go - open to residence hall students)
Retail Markets (open to all students, staff and faculty)
Village Market (We Proudly Serve Starbucks) (Munch Money, Campus Cash, Credit Card)
UMC Market (Munch Money, Campus Cash, credit card)
Restaurants and Cafes (open to all students, staff and faculty)
The Bakery (Munch Money, Campus Cash, credit card)
Starbucks (Campus Cash and credit card)
SEEC Cafe (Munch Money, Campus Cash, credit card, Meal Plan - Order ahead only)
WeatherTech Cafe (Kittredge Market now located in WTC) (Munch Money, Campus Cash, Credit Card)
Grab-n-Gos (only open to residence hall students)
The Alley (Meal Plan only - Order ahead and Grab-n-Go)
CU on the Run (Meal Plan only - Order ahead and Grab-n-Go)
Students with board meal plans will be able to get food from campus dining centers, Grab-n-Gos, restaurants, cafes and retail markets. Students will use meal swipes at campus dining centers and Grab-n-Gos. Munch Money, Campus Cash or credit cards can be used at restaurants, cafes and retail markets. Starbucks will accept Campus Cash or credit cards.
Residence hall students can use up to four swipes in one day at dining centers and grab-n-gos, and may use up to all four in one visit if they wish to get additional meals to take with them.
Bear Creek students can use Campus Cash or credit cards at restaurants, cafes and markets. We will be offering a limited number of Block Meal Plans for Bear Creek residents for use at dining centers, including the Village Center.Download the Nutrislice app to order food ahead of time.
General Dining Information
- Will there be dine-in options in the dining centers?
- Am I able to use a pre-purchased meal card?
- Can I still visit a retail market in person?
- What health and safety measures are dining facilities taking?
- How can I save time and avoid lines at dining centers?
- How can I order and pay for my my meal ahead of time?
- How do I pay with the Get App?
If Boulder County maintains its status at level orange or better on the Covid dial, we will be able to offer individual dine-in reservations for students through NutriSlice at UMC 235 or in the Village Center Multipurpose Room. Other dining centers will provide grab-n-go/order ahead options only. Use the Nutrislice website or app to order food ahead of time and schedule your pick-up time.
- Reservations will be available from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. in UMC 235, and from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Village Center Multipurpose Room
- Reservations will be limited to 20 people total for each time slot
- Up to four people may dine together during a reservation
- Each diner will need to make their own reservation - if you want to eat with your roommate(s), you will each need to make an individual reservation
- Time slots will be for 40 minutes beginning at the top of each hour
- There will be no food available at the dine-in locations - you will have to get a meal at one of the dining centers and bring it to the dine-in locations. Since time is limited for each reservation, please pick up your meal before your reservation begins and arrive at your location on time for your reservation
- When you arrive at your location, please show your reservation confirmation email or Nutrislice order history to check in with Campus Dining Services staff
To make a reservation in the Nutrislice app:
- View locations and filter for reservations
- Select "Reservation" as the menu type
- Find a date and add "Make a Reservation" tile to the cart
- Log into your Nutrislice account to checkout
- Select your reservation time
- Submit your reservation
Once you have made your reservation, you will receive a confirmation email from Nutrislice. Show this confirmation email or your order history to check in for your reservation at your location.
We will not be selling meal cards at this time. Meal cards that were previously purchased will remotely have their expiration removed. No action is needed on your part. Call Campus Dining Services for questions at 303-492-6325.
Yes. You may still visit some retail markets in person. Other markets are small, and do not provide the optimal 6 feet of social distancing. With this, almost all of our retail markets will be for ordering ahead and pick up only. We are still offering all of the essential items and favorites.
- We will enforce 6 feet physical distancing measures for lines, food prep and pick-up.
- All food will be served by staff; there will be no self-served items available.
- Dining employees are increasing handwashing frequency on top of current health department guidelines to washing hands every 30 minutes.
- All food is served by a staff member using gloves.
- All staff are required to complete a health assessment questionnaire each day before arriving at work.
- Campus Dining Services uses both a Multi-Quat and Peroxide cleaning and sanitizing solution to clean surfaces.
- Increased cleaning of high contact areas.
- Foam hand sanitizer stations are located at the entrances to all of our dining halls.
- Plexiglas barriers have been placed where a distance of 6 feet may not be possible.
- All staff are required to wear face masks and gloves when serving food and maintain proper social distancing guidelines.
- All dining locations will provide either compostable or recyclable plastic to-go containers or utensils.
We encourage students to use the order ahead option in locations that offer it to schedule a pick-up time that works with their schedule. Students can also use the Nutrislice website or app to check menus and filter based on allergens or dietary preferences. You will need to create an account in order to place an order for pick up.
During the first few weeks of class, our main dining centers may experience longer waits at peak times as students explore campus. Students can visit our different dining options to find what works best for their schedule. We have staff in our dining locations to remind students what is on the menu for that day and let them know what the process is for that dining location.
Currently CU on the Run, The Alley @ Farrand, Farrand Market, Sewall Dining Center, SEEC Cafe and WeatherTech Cafe offer order-ahead service through the Nutrislice website and app. CU on the Run, The Alley @ Farrand and Sewall Dining Center are order-ahead only.
To order ahead:
Create your account:
- Visit the Nutrislice website or open the Nutrislice app
- Click on the menu in the upper right-hand corner
- Click "Log In," then click "Create an Account"
- Fill in your first name, last name and colorado.edu email
- Create a password (this password should be different from your Identikey password)
Place your order:
- On the website or in the app, click on "Pickup" to see locations offering order-ahead services
- Click on "Browse Menus" for the location where you would like to place an order
- Click on the "+" in the bottom right of the item you would like to add to your order.
- Some items may ask for additional details or add sides or drink to your order - once you have made additional selections click "Add to order"
- Once you have completed your order, click the shopping bag in the upper right-hand corner to check out
- Choose your pick-up time, payment option and add any special instructions to your order
Pay ahead for your order:
- If the location offers pay ahead options, you will see "Would you like to use your Buff OneCard?" under "Payment Options"
- Click "Log in here"
- Log in using your CU IdentiKey - do not use your Nutrislice password
- After logging in, you will see all accepted payment options - Munch Money, Campus Cash and Meal plans along with balances under "Payment Options" in checkout
- Choose your payment method and submit your order
Pick up your order:
- When you arrive at the dining location, look for your name under the 15-minute window for your order time. For example, if you chose 1:15 as your pick-up time, your order will be under the XX:15 header
- Have your order confirmation ready to show staff when you arrive at the dining location
- Your order will be available for pick up for up to 30 minutes after your scheduled pick-up time
Anyone with a CU Identikey can now use the Get Mobile app on their phone to view their Campus Cash balance and make contactless payments in all dining locations accepting Campus Cash - APG, cafes, restaurants and retail markets.
To set up the Get Mobile app:
- Search for Get Mobile in your app store
- Click “Search all institutions”
- Search for “University of Colorado Boulder”
- Sign in with your CU identikey
- You can choose to turn on fingerprint authentification
- Enter your email address and phone number
To pay with the Get Mobile app:
- Once you are ready to check out at your dining location, go to the cashier
- Sign into Get Mobile on your phone
- Click "Scan Card" under your ID photo
- Cashier will scan your barcode to accept Campus Cash payment