Updated August 24, 2020
- I am living in the residence halls - where can I eat in the fall?
- I am living in Bear Creek - where can I eat in the fall?
- I am living off-campus - where can I eat in the fall?
- I am living at Bear Creek - can I purchase a meal plan?
- I do not have a meal plan - can I still get food on campus?
- What forms of payment can I use to eat on campus?
- Will there be dine-in options in the dining centers?
- Am I able to use a pre-purchased meal card?
- Can I purchase a block meal plan?
- Can I still visit a retail market in person?
- I have a board meal plan, how many swipes can I use in one visit?
- What campus dining facilities will be open this fall and what forms of payment will they be accepting?
- What health and safety measures are dining facilities taking?
- How can I save time and avoid lines at dining centers?
- Where can I order my meal ahead of time?
- How do I order my meal ahead of time?
- How can I pay ahead with my meal plan?
Students with board meal plans will be able to get food from campus dining centers, Grab-n-Gos, restaurants, cafes and retail markets. Students will use meal swipes at campus dining centers and Grab-n-Gos and Munch Money at restaurants, cafes and retail markets. Starbucks will accept Campus Cash or credit cards.
At this time, board meal plans are only available to residence hall students. Bear Creek students can use Campus Cash or credit cards at restaurants, cafes and markets. Download the Nutrislice app to order food ahead of time.
You will not be able to get meals from campus dining centers without a board meal plan. Board meals are only available to students living in the residence halls.
- Res Hall residents - Meal plans, Munch Money, Campus Cash, credit cards
- Bear Creek residents - Campus Cash and credit cards
- Off-campus students, faculty, staff - Campus Cash and credit cards
Dining centers will provide grab-n-go/order ahead options only. We are following health guidelines to determine if we can offer dine-in reservations after the start of the semester. Use the Nutrislice website or app to order food ahead of time and schedule your pick-up time.
We will not be selling meal cards at this time. Meal cards that were previously purchased will remotely have their expiration removed. No action is needed on your part. Call Campus Dining Services for questions at 303-492-6325.
At this time, we are not offering block meal plans for fall semester. Board meal plans will be offered to students living in the residence halls. Students, faculty and staff are able to use Campus Cash and credit cards at restaurants, cafes and markets.
To limit physical interaction in spaces not able to provide the optimal 6 feet of social distancing, almost all of our retail markets will be for ordering ahead and pick up only. We are still offering all of the essential items and favorites.
Students living in the residence halls will be able to use up to four swipes per day at campus dining centers and Grab-n-Gos. Note that students can use all four swipes in one visit if they'd like. At campus dining centers, one swipe will equal one entree and two sides (not including a drink). At Grab-n-Gos, one swipe will equal one entree and two sides (including a drink).
Campus Dining Centers (only open to residence hall students)
- Alferd Packer Grill (Meal Plan only - Grab-n-Go)
- Center for Community (Meal Plan only - Grab-n-Go)
- Sewall Dining Center (Meal Plan only - Order ahead and Grab-n-Go)
- Village Center Dining (Meal Plan only Grab-n-Go)
Retail Markets (open to all students, staff and faculty
- Village Market (We Proudly Serve Starbucks) (Munch Money, Campus Cash, Credit Card)
- UMC Market (Munch Money, Campus Cash, Credit Card)
Restaurants and Cafes (open to all students, staff and faculty)
- The Bakery (Munch Money, Campus Cash, Credit Card)
- Starbucks (Campus Cash and Credit Card)
- SEEC Cafe (Munch Money, Campus Cash, Credit Card, Meal Plan - Order ahead only)
- WeatherTech Cafe (Kittredge Market now located in WTC) (Munch Money, Campus Cash, Credit Card)
Grab-n-Gos (only open to residence hall students)
- The Alley (Meal Plan only - Order ahead and Grab-n-Go)
- CU on the Run (Meal Plan only - Order ahead and Grab-n-Go)
- We will enforce 6 feet physical distancing measures for lines, food prep and pick-up.
- All food will be served by staff; there will be no self-served items available.
- Dining employees are increasing handwashing frequency on top of current health department guidelines to washing hands every 30 minutes.
- All food is served by a staff member using gloves.
- All staff are required to complete a health assessment questionnaire each day before arriving at work.
- Campus Dining Services uses both a Multi-Quat and Peroxide cleaning and sanitizing solution to clean surfaces.
- Increased cleaning of high contact areas.
- Foam hand sanitizer stations are located at the entrances to all of our dining halls.
- Plexiglas barriers have been placed where a distance of 6 feet may not be possible.
- All staff are required to wear face masks and gloves when serving food and maintain proper social distancing guidelines.
- All dining locations will provide either compostable or recyclable plastic to-go containers or utensils.
During the first few weeks of class, our main dining centers may experience longer waits at peak times as students explore campus. Students can visit our different dining options to find what works best for their schedule. We have staff in our dining locations to remind students what is on the menu for that day and let them know what the process is for that dining location.
We encourage students to use the order ahead option in locations that offer it to schedule a pick-up time that works with their schedule. Students can also use the Nutrislice website or app to check menus and filter based on allergens or dietary preferences. You will need to create an account in order to place an order for pick up.
Currently CU on the Run, The Alley @ Farrand, Sewall Dining Center, SEEC Cafe and WeatherTech Cafe offer order-ahead service through the Nutrislice website and app. More locations will be added during the semester. CU on the Run, The Alley @ Farrand and Sewall Dining Center are order-ahead only.
Create your account:
- Visit the Nutrislice website or open the Nutrislice app
- Click on the menu in the upper right-hand corner
- Click "Log In," then click "Create an Account"
- Fill in your first name, last name and colorado.edu email
- Create a password (this password should be different from your Identikey password)
Place your order:
- On the website or in the app, click on "Pickup" to see locations offering order-ahead services
- Click on "Browse Menus" for the location where you would like to place an order
- Click on the "+" in the bottom right of the item you would like to add to your order.
- Some items may ask for additional details or add sides or drink to your order - once you have made additional selections click "Add to order"
- Once you have completed your order, click the shopping bag in the upper right-hand corner to check out
- Choose your pick-up time, payment option and add any special instructions to your order
Pick up your order:
- When you arrive at the dining location, look for your name under the 15-minute window for your order time. For example, if you chose 1:15 as your pick-up time, your order will be under the XX:15 header
- Have your order confirmation ready to show staff when you arrive at the dining location
- Your order will be available for pick up for up to 30 minutes after your scheduled pick-up time
Some of our order-ahead locations offer the option to pay ahead with your meal plan.
- Log into your Nutrislice account
- Order your meal and proceed to checkout
- If a location offers pay ahead with a meal plan, you will see the option “Would you like to use your Buff OneCard?” Under “Payment Options”
- Click “Log in here” under “Would you like to use your Buff OneCard?”
- Log into your Buff OneCard account using your CU Login and Identikey
- Verify your meal balance and click “Apply to applicable items”
- Your cart will update to show you are paying with a meal plan
- Choose your pickup time, verify your meal items, add any special instructions, and submit your order