The Buff Bus is an on-campus shuttle that allows students to travel between different areas of campus in a convenient and easy-to-use way, including to and from Williams Village. As you are navigating how to use the Buff Bus, use these helpful tips to become an expert at getting around campus!
- Download the Transit App: Students can track all Buff Buses, as well as RTD buses, in real-time. Transit includes Buff Bus estimated arrival times and service alerts, and users can sign up for notifications specific to the routes they use
- Catch a bus at Williams Village every 4 to 6 minutes during the peak hours of 7 am through 2 pm, every 6 to 8 minutes from 2 pm until 8 pm and every 10 to 12 minutes from 8 pm to midnight during the week
- The busiest “rush hour” for Williams Village Route ridership is from 8:15 am to 9 am each day. Students who normally depart Williams Village during this window are encouraged to catch an earlier bus if possible to account for the morning rush
- Ride times can vary during major campus events. This is due to excess traffic on community streets, road closures enforced and alternate bus routes
Consider these other transportation options in addition to the Buff Buss
- RTD buses - All students have free access to the Regional Transportation District (RTD) buses through use of the RTD College Pass issued to each student. For Williams Village residents, the RTD 225 bus stops at the intersection of Baseline and 30th and operates every 15 to 30 minutes between 6:21 am and 9:30 pm. It also stops near the Center for Community and the University Memorial Center.
- Pedestrian/bike routes: It is slightly less than one mile from Williams Village to the Center for Community. Walking time is estimated at 15 to 20 minutes, and biking time is estimated at 5 to 10 minutes. To help increase safety, and efficiency, there are multiple pedestrian/bike underpasses between Williams Village and Main Campus.
- B-Cycle: For those who don't have their own bikes on campus, Boulder B-Cycle has a robust network of bike-share stations, including one at Williams Village. CU Boulder students can sign up for a free membership.
Transportation Services staff continually monitor Buff Bus routes and work to ensure optimized service.
For additional questions or concerns, contact Transportation Services at 303-492-7152.