Yingli received her Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management from Chongqing University, China in 2016. Afterward, she continued her Master's study at Chongqing University to get her degrees in Management Science and Engineering. Her research at Chongqing University focuses on the low-carbon city. In August 2019, she became a Ph.D. student in Architectural Engineering in the Sustainable Buildings and Societies Laboratory.
Building Energy Performance Evaluation; Large-scale Building Energy Simulation; Carbon Emissions from Buildings.
11/2020 - 08/2021: DOE - OpenStudio Software Testing Methodologies Through Building Science Modeling and Analysis (with NREL)
02/2020 - 09/2020: DOE - Building Energy Modeling - OpenStudio SDK Development and Management (with PNNL)
16. Y. Lou, Y. Yang, Y. Ye, C. He, W. Zuo. 2022. "The Economic Impacts of Carbon Emission Trading Scheme on Building Retrofits: A Case Study with US Medium Office Buildings," Building and Environment, 221, pp. 109311.
15. C. A. Faulkner, J. E. Castellini, Y. Lou, W. Zuo, D. M. Lorenzetti, M. D. Sohn. 2022."Tradeoffs Among Indoor Air Quality, Financial Costs, and CO2 Emissions for HVAC Operation Strategies to Mitigate Indoor Virus in U.S. Office Buildings," Building and Environment, 221, pp. 109282.
14. Y. Ye, M. Strong, Y. Lou, C. A. Faulkner, W. Zuo, S. Upadhyaya. 2022. "Evaluating Performance of Different Generative Adversarial Networks for Large-Scale Building Power Demand Prediction," Energy and Buildings, 269, pp. 112247.
13. C. Tian, Y. Ye, Y. Lou, W. Zuo, G. Zhang, C. Li 2022. “Daily Power Demand Prediction for Buildings at a Large Scale Using a Hybrid of Physics-based Model and Generative Adversarial Network,” Building Simulation, pp. 1-17.
12. Y. Lou, Y. Ye, Y. Yang, W. Zuo 2022. “Long-term Carbon Emission Reduction Potential of Building Retrofits with Dynamically Changing Electricity Emission Factors.” Building and Environment, 210, pp. 108683.
11. Y. Lou, Y. Yang, Y. Ye, W. Zuo, J. Wang 2021. “The Effect of Building Retrofit Measures on CO2 Emissions Reduction – A Case Study with U.S. Medium Office Buildings.” Energy and Buildings, 253, pp. 111514.
10. Y. Ye, Hinkelman. K., Y. Lou, W. Zuo, G. Wang, J. Zhang 2021. "Evaluating the Energy Impact Potential of Energy Efficiency Measures for Retrofit Applications: A Case Study with U.S. Medium Office Buildings." Building Simulation, pp. 1-17.
9. Y. Ye, Y. Lou, W. Zuo, E. Franconi, G. Wang 2020. "How Do Electricity Pricing Programs Impact the Selection of Energy Efficiency Measures? - A Case Study with U.S. Medium Office Buildings." Energy and Buildings, 224, pp. 110267.
8. Y. Ye, Y. Lou, M. Strong, S. Upadhyaya, W. Zuo, G. Wang 2020. "Development of New Baseline Models for U.S. Medium Office Buildings Based on Commercial Buildings Energy Consumption Survey Data." Science and Technology for the Built Environment, pp. 1-19.
7. Y. Lou, W. M. Jayantha, L. Shen, Z. Liu, T. Shu 2019. "The application of low-carbon city (LCC) indicators—A comparison between academia and practice." Sustainable Cities and Society, 51, pp.101677.
6. Y. Wu, L. Shen, Y. Zhang, C. Shuai, H. Yan, Y. Lou, G. Ye 2019. "A new panel for analyzing the impact factors on carbon emission: A regional perspective in China." Ecological Indicators, 97, pp.260-268.
5. L. Shen, Z. Huang, S.W. Wong, S. Liao, Y. Lou 2018. "A holistic evaluation of smart city performance in the context of China." Journal of Cleaner Production, 200, pp.667-679.
4. L. Shen, Y. Huang, Z. Huang, Y. Lou, G. Ye, S.W. Wong 2018. "Improved coupling analysis on the coordination between socio-economy and carbon emission." Ecological Indicators, 94, pp.357-366.
3. L. Shen, Y. Lou, Y. Huang, J. Chen 2018. "A driving–driven perspective on the key carbon emission sectors in China." Natural Hazards, 93(1), pp.349-371.
2. Y. Lou, L. Shen, Z. Huang, Y. Wu, H. Li, G. Li 2018. "Does the effort meet the challenge in promoting low-carbon city?—a perspective of global practice." International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 15(7), p.1334.
1. L. Shen, Y. Wu, Y. Lou, D. Zeng, C. Shuai, X. Song 2018. "What drives the carbon emission in the Chinese cities?—A case of pilot low carbon city of Beijing." Journal of Cleaner Production, 174, pp.343-354.
Peer-Reviewed Conference Papers:
3. Y. Lou, Y. Ye, W. Zuo, J. Zhang 2021. "Energy Prediction Impact of the Space Level Occupancy Schedule for a Primary School." Proceeding of the 17th Conference of International Building Performance Simulation Association (Building Simulation 2021), September 1-3, Bruges, Belgium.
2. Y. Lou, Y. Huang, L. Shen, M.C. Yam 2019. "Key carbon emission sectors in China: Application of input-output analysis." In 22nd International Conference on Advancement of Construction Management and Real Estate, CRIOCM 2017 (pp. 629-640). CRIOCM 2017 Organising Committee.
1. Y. Lou, X. Song, H. Yan 2018. "Evolutionary Game Analysis on the Low-Carbon City Construction Between Central and Local Government in China." In Proceedings of the 21st International Symposium on Advancement of Construction Management and Real Estate (pp. 717-726). Springer, Singapore.
Y. Lou 2021 "Energy Prediction Impact of the Space Level Occupancy Schedule for a Primary School", Building Simulation 2021 Conference, September.