Chengnan Shi is an Architectural Engineering Ph.D. student in the Sustainable Buildings and Societies Laboratory. Chengnan received his Bachelor’s degree in Building Environmental and Energy Application Engineering from Xi’an Jiao Tong University, China in 2017. He then received his Master’s degree in Architecture Engineering from Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2020. His master’s research mainly focused on the development of hygroscopic material to passively modify the indoor humidity environment. His current research interests are building energy system modeling and optimization, building-to-grid integration. He is an ASHRAE Student Member.
Building Energy System Modeling and Optimization; Building-to-Grid Integration
- J. Wang, P. Munankarmi, J. Maguire, C. Shi, W. Zuo, D. Roberts, X. Jin 2022.“Carbon Emission Responsive Building Control : A Case Study With an All-Electric Residential Community in a Cold Climate,” Applied Energy, 314, pp. 118910.
- C. Fan, K. Hinkelman, Y. Fu, W. Zuo, S. Huang, C. Shi, N. Mamaghani, C. Faulkner, X. Zhou 2021. "Open-source Modelica Models for the Control Performance Simulation of Chiller Plants with Water-side Economizer." Applied Energy. 299, pp. 117337.
- X. He, H. Zhang, L. Qiu, Z. Mao, C. Shi. “Hygrothermal performance of temperature-humidity controlling materials with different compositions”, Energy and Buildings, Volume 236, 2021, 110792.
- C. Shi, H. Zhang*, Y. Xuan. “Experimental investigation of thermal properties and moisture buffering performance of composite interior finishing materials under different airflow conditions”, Building and Environment, 2019 (160), 106175.
- H. Zhang*, C. Shi, P. Deng, et al. Optimization of Effective Moisture Penetration Depth Model Considering the Factors of Airflow Velocity and Moisture Load Profile, Journal of Building Engineering, Volume 32, 2020, 101539
- C. Shi, H. Zhang*, J. Rui, Y. Chen, Y. Xuan, W. Zhang. “An experimental investigation of moisture buffering value for composite hygroscopic materials under different airflow conditions”, Environmental Engineering, Proceedings of the 11th International Symposium on Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (ISHVAC 2019).
- C. Shi, H. Zhang*, H. Yoshino. “Quantitative evaluation method on practical moisture buffering effect of Hygroscopic materials based on moisture buffering theory”, 13th Building Physics Conference of Architectural of China (Chinese), Best Paper.
- C. Shi, H. Zhang*. “Quantitative evaluation method on practical moisture buffering effect of hygroscopic materials in real-world buildings”, Building Science (Chinses), 2019, 35(10):157-162.
- J. Rui, H. Zhang*, C. Shi, et al. “Survey on the Indoor Thermal Environment and Passive Design of Rural Residential Houses in the HSCW Zone of China”, Sustainability. 2019, 11(22), 6471.