1. W. Park, T. Flaig, X. Yang, L.-J. Su and K. Emoto, “Multifunctional
nanomaterials for treatment of cancer”, United States Patent 10,052,393
(Aug. 21, 2018).
2. W. McCarthy, R. M. Powers and W. Park, “Optical Metapolarizer Devices”,
United States Patent 9,116,302 (Aug. 25, 2015).
3. W. Park, J.-B. Lee, E. Schonbrun and M. Tinker, "Strain Tunable, Flexible
Photonic Crystals", United States Patent 7,283,716 (Oct. 16, 2007).
4. C. J. Summers and W. Park, "Photonic Crystals", United States Patent
6,999,669 (Feb. 14, 2006).
5. W. Park, K. Yasuda, B. K. Wagner and C. J. Summers, "Rare Earth Oxide
Coated Phosphors and a Process for Preparing The Same", United States
Patent 6,699,523 (Mar. 2, 2004).
6. W. Park and C. J. Summers, "Oxide-Based Quantum Cutter Method and
Phosphor System", United States Patent 6,669,867 (Dec. 30, 2003).
1. W. Park, "Modeling of photonic crystals", in Handbook of Theoretical and
Computational Nanotechnology Vol. 7, ed. by M. Rieth and W. Schommers
(American Scientific Publishers, Stevenson Ranch, CA, 2006), pp. 263-327.
2. W. Park, "Negative Refractive Index", in Encyclopedia of Materials:
Science and Technology, ed. by K. H. Jurgen Buschow, Robert W. Cahn, Merton
C. Flemings, Bernard Ilschner (print), Edward J. Kramer, Subhash Mahajan, and
Patrick Veyssiere (updates), (Elsevier, Oxford, UK, 2010), pp. 1-6.
3. J. H. Lee, J. Xue, W. Park, and A. Mickelson, "Surface Plasmon Polariton
Waveguides In Nonlinear Optical Polymer" in Organic Thin Films for Photonics
Applications, ed. by W. Herman, S. R. Flom and S. H. Foulger (American
Chemical Society, 2010), pp. 67-83.
Prof. Park has more than 100 peer-reviewed scientific publications.
Recent publications can be found in the publications page.
- A review on Plasmon Enhanced Organic Photovoltaics, Journal of Optics, 2016 (Selected for Highlights of 2016)
- Turning up the heat using metamaterial - Americal Vacuum Society Press Release 2015
- A review on Plasmon Enhanced Upconversion, Chemical Society Review, 2015
- A review on Optical interactions in plasmonic nanostructures, Nano Convergence, 2014
- Plasmonic molecules, RSC Blog 2013
- Scattering reduction at optical frequencies using plasmonic nanostructures, Optics Express , 2013
- Mechanical Tuning and Symmetry Lowering of Fano Resonance in Plasmonic Nanostructure, ACS Nano, 2012
- Tunable Metamaterial Based on Liquid Crystal , SPIE Newsroom Dec. 2010.
- Mechanically Tunable Photonic Crystal, Optics & Photonics News January 2009.
- Negative Index Materials, MRS Bulletin October 2008.