Complete list of publications available at the Google Scholar profile
- M. Grayson, G. Krueper, B. Xu, M. Zohrabi, D. Hjelme, J. T. Gopinath, W. Park, "On Chip Mid-Infrared Optical Sensing with GeSbSe Waveguides and Resonators", Opt. Express 31, 877- 889 (2023).
- S. Roy, S. Curry, C. Corbella Bagot, E. Mueller, A. Mansouri, W. Park, J. Cha, and A. Goodwin, "Enzyme Prodrug Therapy with Photocrosslinkable Anti-EGFR Affibodies Conjugated to Upconverting Nanoparticles", ACS Nano, 16, 15873–15883 (2022).
- T. Shanavas, M. Grayson, B. Xu, M. Zohrabi, W. Park, and J. Gopinath, "Cascaded forward Brillouin lasing in a chalcogenide whispering gallery mode microresonator", APL Photonics, 7, 116108 (2022).
- M. Grayson, B. Xu, T. Shanavas, M. Zohrabi, K. Bae, J. T. Gopinath, and W. Park, "Fabrication and characterization of high quality GeSbSe reflowed and etched ring resonators", Opt. Express 30, 31107-31121 (2022).
- C. Corbella Bagot, E. Rappeport, A. Das, T. Ba Tis, W. Park, "True FRET-based sensing of pH via Separation of FRET and Photon Reabsorption", Adv. Opt. Mater. 10, 2200242 (2022).
- W. Park, A. Das and K. Bae, "Nanophotonics for Photon Upconversion Enhancement", in Emerging Strategies to Reduce Transmission and Thermalization Losses in Solar Cells, Eds. J. S. Lissau and M. Madsen, (Springer, 2022).
- A. Das, C. Corbella Bagot, E. Rappeport, T. Ba Tis, and W. Park, "Quantitative modeling and experimental verification of Förster resonant energy transfer in upconversion nanoparticle biosensors", J. Appl. Phys. 130, 023102 (2021).
- K. Bae, B. Xu, A. Das, C. Wolenski, E. Rappeport and W. Park, "Selective enhancement of upconversion luminescence for enhanced ratiometric sensing", RSC Advances 11, 18205-18212 (2021).
- B. Xu, B. M. Heffernan, K. Bae, M. E. Siemens, J. T. Gopinath and W. Park, "Selective excitation of plasmon resonances with single V-point cylindrical vector beams", Opt. Express 29, 13071-13083 (2021).
- M.J. Jeon, X. Ma, J.U. Lee, H. Roh, C.C. Bagot, W. Park, and S.J. Sim, "Precisely Controlled Three-Dimensional Gold Nanoparticle Assembly Based on Spherical Bacteriophage Scaffold for Molecular Sensing via Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering", J. Phys. Chem. C 125, 2502–2510 (2021).
- K. Bae, J. Zhu, C. Wolenski, A. Das, T. M. Horning, S. Pampel, M. B. Grayson, M. Zohrabi, J. T. Gopinath, and W. Park, “Indium tin oxide nanoparticle-coated silica microsphere with large optical nonlinearity and high quality factor”, ACS Photonics 7, 3042−3048 (2020).
- S. Pampel, K. Bae, M. Zohrabi, M. B. Grayson, T. M. Horning, W. Park and J. T. Gopinath, “Third-Harmonic Generation Enhancement in an ITO Nanoparticle-Coated Microresonator”, Opt. Express 28, 30004 (2020).
- J. Zhu, T. M. Horning, M. Zohrabi, W. Park and J. T. Gopinath, “Photo-induced writing and erasing of gratings in As2S3 chalcogenide microresonators”, Optica 7, 1645 (2020).
- A. Das, K. Bae and W. Park, "Enhancement of upconversion luminescence using photonic nanostructures", Nanophotonics 9, 1359–1371 (2020).
- M. Grayson, M. Zohrabi, K. Bae, J. Zhu, J. T. Gopinath, and W. Park, "Enhancement of third-order nonlinearity of thermally evaporated GeSbSe waveguides through annealing", Opt. Express 27, 33606 (2019).
- C. Mao, K. Min, K. Bae, S. K. Cho, T. Xu, H. Jeon and W. Park, "Enhanced upconversion luminescence by two-dimensional photonic crystal structure", ACS Photon. 6, 1882-1888 (2019).
- G. Tessitore, G. A. Mandl, M. G. Brik, W. Park and J. A. Capobianco, "Recent insights into upconverting nanoparticles: spectroscopy, modeling, and routes to improved luminescence", Nanoscale 11, 12015-12029 (2019).
- J. Zhu, M. Zohrabi, K. Bae, T. M. Horning, M. B. Grayson, W. Park, and J. T. Gopinath, "Nonlinear characterization of silica and chalcogenide microresonators", Optica 6, 716-722 (2019).
- X. Ma, S. Song, S. Kim, M.-S. Kwon, H. Lee, W. Park, and S. J. Sim, “Single gold-bridged nanoprobes for identification of single point DNA mutations”, Nat. Comm. 10, 836 (2019).
- S. K. Cho, L.-J. Su, C. Mao, C. D. Wolenski, T. W. Flaig, W. Park, "Multifunctional nanoclusters of NaYF4:Yb3+,Er3+ upconversion nanoparticle and gold nanorod for simultaneous imaging and targeted chemotherapy of bladder cancer", Mater. Sci. Eng. C 9, 784-792 (2019).
- Y. Kim, S. Baek, P. Gupta, C. Kim, K. Chang, S.-P. Ryu, H. Kang, W. S. Kim, J.-M. Myoung, W. Park, K. Kim, “Air-like plasmonics with ultralow-refractive-index silica aerogels”, Sci. Rep. 9, 2265 (2019).
- A. Das, C. Mao, S. Cho, K. Kim and W. Park, “Over 1000-fold enhancement of upconversion luminescence of NaYF4:Yb3+,Er3+ nanocrystals using water-dispersible plasmonic metal-insulator-metal nanostructures”, Nat. Comm. 9, 4828 (2018).
- Y. Ryu, C. Kim, J. Ahn, A. M. Urbas, W. Park, and K. Kim, “Material-Versatile Ultrabroadband Light Absorber with Self-Aggregated Multiscale Funnel Structures”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 10, 29884–29892 (2018).
- C. Kim, S. Baek, Y. Ryu, Y. Kim, D. Shin, C.-W. Lee, W. Park, A. M. Urbas, G. Kang and K. Kim , “Large-scale nanoporous metal-coated silica aerogels for high SERS effect improvement”, Sci. Rep. 8, 15144 (2018).
- D. Shin, G. Kang, P. Gupta, S. Behera, H. Lee, A. M. Urbas, W. Park, and K. Kim, “Thermoplasmonic and Photothermal Metamaterials for Solar Energy Applications”, Adv. Opt. Mater. 6, 1800317 (2018).
- L. He, C. Mao, M. Brasino, A. Harguindey, W. Park, A. Goodwin and J. Cha, “TiO2 Capped Gold Nanorods for Plasmon-Enhanced Production of Reactive Oxygen Species and Photothermal Delivery of Chemotherapeutic Agents”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interf. 10, 27965–27971 (2018).
- M. Brasino, S. Roy, A. Erbse, L. He, C. Mao, W. Park, J. Cha and A. Goodwin, “Anti-EGFR Affibodies with Site-Specific Photocrosslinker Incorporation Show Both Directed Target-Specific Photoconjugation and Increased Retention in Tumors”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 140, 11820–11828 (2018).
- L. Qiu, R. Mccaffrey, Y. Jin, Y. Gong, Y. Hu, H. Sun, W. Park and W. Zhang, “Cage-templated synthesis of highly stable palladium nanoparticles and their catalytic activities in Suzuki–Miyaura coupling”, Chem. Sci. 9, 676-680, (2018), doi:10.1039/c7sc03148c.
- X. Yang, L.-J. Su, F. G. La Rosa, E. E. Smith, I. R. Schlaepfer, S. K. Cho, B. Kavanagh, W. Park and T. W. Flaig, “The Antineoplastic Activity of Photothermal Ablative Therapy with Targeted Gold Nanorods in an Orthotopic Urinary Bladder Cancer Model”, Bladder Cancer 3, 201-210 (2017).
- G. Kang, M. R. Krogstad, M. Grayson, D.-G. Kim, H. Lee, J. T. Gopinath, and W. Park, “High qualitychalcogenide-silica hybrid wedge resonators’, Opt. Express25, 15581-15589 (2017).
- D. Lu, A. Das and W. Park, “Direct modeling of thermal emission from metamaterial surface”, Opt. Express 25, 12999-13009 (2017).
- L. He, M. Brasino, C. Mao, S. K. Cho, W. Park, A. P. Goodwin and J. N. Cha, “DNA-Assembled Core-Satellite Upconverting-Metal Organic Framework Nanoparticle Superstructures for Efficient Photodynamic Therapy”, Small 13, 1700504-7 (2017).
- M. R. Krogstad, S. Ahn, W. Park and J. T. Gopinath, “Optical properties of single-mode Ge-Sb-Se waveguides at telecom wavelengths”, IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett. 28, 2720-2723 (2016).
- X. Ma, J. Huh, W. Park, L. Lee, Y. J. Kwon and S. J. Sim, “Gold nanocrystals with DNA-directed morphologies”, Nat. Comm. 7, 12873 (2016).
- A. M. Nardes, S. Ahn, D. Rourke, A. J. Ferguson, J. van de Lagemaat, W. Park, N. Kopidakis, “Integrating nanostructured electrodes in organic photovoltaic devices for enhancing near-infrared photoresponse”, Org. Electron. 39, 59-63 (2016).
- L. He, J. Dragavon, S. Cho, C. Mao, A. Yildirim, K. Ma, R. Chattaraj, A. P. Goodwin, W. Park, J. N. Cha, “Self-Assembled Gold Nanostar-NaYF4:Yb/Er Clusters for Multimodal Imaging, Photothermal and Photodynamic Therapy”, J. Mater. Chem. B 4, 4455-4461 (2016).
- D. Lu, C. Mao, S. K. Cho, S. Ahn and W. Park, “Experimental demonstration of plasmon enhanced energy transfer rate in NaYF4:Yb3+,Er3+ upconversion nanoparticles”, Sci. Rep. 6, 18894 (2016).
- S. Ahn, D. Rourke and W. Park, “Plasmonic nanostructures for organic photovoltaic devices”, J.Opt. 18, 033001 (2016).
- K. Bae, G. Kang, S. K. Cho, W. Park, K. Kim and W. J. Padilla, “Flexible thin film black gold membranes with ultrabroadband plasmonic nanofocusing enabling efficient solar vapour generation”, Nat. Comm. 6, 10103 (2015).
- L. He, C. Mao, S. Cho, K. Ma, W. Xi, C. N. Bowman, W. Park and J. N. Cha, “Experimental and Theoretical Photoluminescence Studies in Nucleic Acid Assembled Gold-Upconverting Nanoparticle Clusters”, Nanoscale 7, 17254-17260 (2015).
- W. Park, D. Lu and S. Ahn, “Plasmon enhancement of luminescence upconversion”, Chem. Soc. Rev. 44, 2940-2962 (2015).
- M. R. Krogstad, S. Ahn, W. Park and J. T. Gopinath, “Nonlinear characterization of Ge28Sb12Se60 bulk and waveguide devices”, Opt. Express 23, 7870-7878 (2015).
- D. Rourke, S. Ahn, A. M. Nardes, J. van de Lagemaat, N. Kopidakis and W. Park, “Combined electrical and optical modeling of organic photovoltaic devices”, J. Appl. Phys. 116, 114510 (2014).
- J. Zhou, W. Han, Y. Meng, H. Song, D. Mu and W. Park, “Optical properties of direct and indirect coupling of cascaded cavities in resonator-waveguide systems”, J. Lightwave Technol. 32, 3502-3508 (2014).
- D. Lu, S. K. Cho, S. Ahn, L. Brun, C. J. Summers and W. Park, “Plasmon enhancement mechanism of upconversion processes in NaYF4:Yb3+,Er3+nanoparticles: Maxwell versus Förster”, ACS Nano 8, 7780-7792 (2014).
- K. Choi, Y. Cui, V. A. Tamma, W. Park and J.-B. Park, “Air-Suspended Fast Transient Tunable Silicon Photonic Crystal Waveguide”, IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett. 26, 603-605 (2014)
- J. Zhou, Y. Meng, H. Song, W. Han, D. Mu, X. Di, T. Liu and W. Park, “Transfer matrix method for direct and indirect coupling of cascaded cavities in resonator-waveguide systems”, Opt. Commun. 88, 329 (2014)
- W. Park, “Optical Interactions in Plasmonic Nanostructures”, Nano Convergence 1, 2 (2014)
- Z. Li, W. Park, G. Zorzetto, J. Lemaire, and C. J. Summers, “Synthesis Protocols for Delta-doped NaYF4:Yb,Er”, Chem. Mater. 26, 1770-1778 (2014)
- R. McCaffrey, H. Long, W. Park, and W. Zhang, “Template Synthesis of Gold Nanoparticles with an Organic Molecular Cage”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 136, 1782-1785 (2014)
- S. K. Cho, K. Emoto, L.-J. Su, X. Yang, T. W. Flaig and W. Park, “Functionalized gold nanorods for thermal ablation treatment of bladder cancer”, J. Biomed. Nanotechnol. 10, 1267-1276 (2014)
- N. Azarova, A. J. Ferguson, J. van de Lagemaat, E. Rengnath, W. Park, J. C. Johnson, “Strong coupling between a molecular charge-transfer exciton and surface plasmons in a nanostructured metal grating”, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 4, 2658-2663 (2013).
- D. Lu, E. Rengnath, Y. Cui, Z. Wang, Y. Ding, and W. Park, "Interaction of two plasmon modes in the organic photovoltaic devices with patterned back-electrode”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 102, 241114 (2013).
- W. Park, K. Emoto, Y. Jin, A. Shimizu, V. A. Tamma, and W. Zhang, “Cage Molecule Mediated Self-Assembly of Gold Nanoparticles for Optical Metamaterials”, Optical Materials Express 3, 205-215 (2013).
- V. A. Tamma, Y. Cui and W. Park, “Scattering reduction at optical frequencies using plasmonic nanostructures”, Optics Express 21, 1041-1056 (2013).
- V. A. Tamma, Y. Cui, J. Zhou and W. Park, “Nanorod orientation dependence of tunable Fano resonance in plasmonic nanorod heptamers”, Nanoscale 5, 1592-1602 (2013).
2012 and earlier
- E. Dudley and W. Park, "Ultra-Compact High-Speed Electro-Optic Switch Utilizing Hybrid Metal-Silicon Waveguides”, J. Lightwave Technol. 30, 3401-3406 (2012).
- X. Yu, C. J. Summers, and W. Park, “Controlling Energy Transfer Processes and Engineering Luminescence Efficiencies with Low Dimensional Doping”, J. Appl. Phys. 111, 073524 (2012).
- Y. Cui, J. Zhou, V. A. Tamma, and W. Park, “Mechanical Tuning and Symmetry Lowering of Fano Resonance in Plasmonic Nanostructure”, ACS Nano 6, 2385–2393 (2012)
- A. Agrawal, W. Park and R. Piestun, “Negative Permeability with Arrays of Aperiodic Silver Nanoclusters”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 101, 083109 (2012).
- J. Blair, D. Brown, V. A. Tamma, W. Park, and C. J. Summers, “Challenges in the fabrication of an optical frequency ground plane cloak consisting of silicon nanorod arrays”, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B. 28, 1222-1230 (2010).
- V. A. Tamma, J. Blair, C. J. Summers and W. Park, “Dispersion characteristics of silicon nanorod based carpet cloaks”, Optics Express 18, 25746-25756 (2010).
- Y. Cui, V. A. Tamma, J.-B. Lee and W. Park, “Mechanically Tunable Negative Index Lens Based on Silicon Nanorod Array”, IEEE Photonics Journal 2, 1003-1012 (2010)
- R. Pratibha, K. Park, W. Park and I. I. Smalyukh, “Colloidal gold nanoparticle dispersions in smectic liquid crystals and thin nanoparticle-decorated smectic films”, J. Appl. Phys. 107, 063511 (2010)
- W. Park, “Controlling the flow of light with silicon nanostructures”, Laser Phys. Lett. 7, 93-103 (2010)
- V. A. Tamma, J.-H. Lee, Q. Wu and W. Park, “Visible Frequency Magnetic Activity in Silver Nanocluster Metamaterial”, Appl. Opt. 49, A11?A17 (2010)
- R. Pratibha, K. Park, I. I. Smalyukh, and W. Park, “Tunable optical metamaterial based on liquid crystal-gold nanosphere composite”, Optics Express17, 19459-19469 (2009)
- J. H. Lee, J. Blair, V. A. Tamma, Q. Wu, S. J. Rhee, C. J. Summers and W. Park, “Direct visualization of optical frequency invisibility cloak based on silicon nanorod array”, Optics Express 17, 12922-12928 (2009)
- W. Park and J.-B. Lee, “Mechanically Tunable Photonic Crystals”, Optics and Photonics News, Jan. 2009.
- J. H. Lee, Q. Wu, and W. Park, “Metal nanocluster metamaterial fabricated by the colloidal self-assembly”, Opt. Lett. 34, 443-445 (2009)
- M. A. Weimer, A. W. Weimer, and W. Park, “Theory of conduction in ultrafast metal-insulator varistors”, J. Appl. Phys. 104, 114516 (2008)
- W. Park and J. Kim, Guest Editors, MRS Bulletin - Negative Index Materials, October, 2008.
- Q. Wu, J. M. Gibbons and W. Park, “Graded negative index lens by photonic crystals”, Opt. Express 16, 16941 (2008)
- J. H. Lee and W. Park, “Three Dimensional Metallic Photonic Crystal Based on Self-Assembled Gold Nanoshells”, Func. Mater. Lett. 1, 65 (2008)
- Q. Wu and W. Park, “Negative index materials based on metal nanoclusters”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 92, 153114 (2008)
- W. Park and Q. Wu, “Negative Effective Permeability in Metal Cluster Photonic Crystal”, Solid State Commun. 146, 221 (2008)
- Y. Cui, Q. Wu, E. Schonbrun, M. Tinker, J.-B. Lee, and W. Park, "Silicon-Based 2D Slab Nano Photonic Crystal TM Polarizer in Telecommunication Wavelength", IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett. 20, 641 (2008)
- W. Park and Q. Wu, “Optical Frequency Magnetic Activity in Metal Nanocluster Photonic Crystal”, J. Comput. Theor. Nanosci, 5, 476 (2008)
- Q. Wu, E. Schonbrun, and W. Park, “Image Inversion and Magnification by Negative Index Prisms”, J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 24, A45-A51 (2007)
- E. Schonbrun, Q. Wu, W. Park, M. Abashin, Y. Fainman, J. Blair, and C. J. Summers, “Total Internal Reflection Photonic Crystal Prism”, Opt. Express 15, 8065 (2007).
- H.-J. Kim, S. Kim, H. Jeon, J. Ma, S. H. Choi, S. Lee, C. Ko, and W. Park, “Fluorescence amplification using colloidal photonic crystal platform in sensing dye-labeled deoxyribonucleic acids”, Sensors and Actuators B 124, 147-152 (2007)
- E. Schonbrun, Q. Wu, W. Park, M. Abashin, Y. Fainman, T. Yamashita and C. J. Summers, “Wavefront Evolution of Negatively Refracted Waves in Photonic Crystals”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 90, 041113 (2007).
- J. H. Lee, Q. Wu and W. Park, “Fabrication and Optical Characterizations of Gold Nanoshell Opal”, J. Mater. Res. 21, 3215 (2006).
- E. Schonbrun, Q. Wu, W. Park, T. Yamashita, and C. J. Summers, “Polarization Beam Splitter Based on a Photonic Crystal Heterostructure”, Opt. Lett. 31, 3104 (2006).
- Z. A. Sechrist, B. T. Schwartz, J. H. Lee, J. A. McCormick, R. Piestun, W. Park, and S. M. George, “Modification of Opal Photonic Crystals Using Al2O3 Atomic Layer Deposition”, Chem. Mater. 18, 3562 (2006)
- E. Schonbrun, T. Yamashita, W. Park and C. J. Summers, “Negative Index Imaging by an Index-Matched Photonic Crystal Slab”, Phys. Rev. B 73, 195117 (2006)
- W. Park and J. Owens, “Future Directions in the Treatment of Oral Cancer”, Otolar. Clinics North Am. 39, 381 (2006)
- Q. Wu, E. Schonbrun and W. Park, “Tunable Superlensing by Mechanically Controlled Photonic Crystal”, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 23, 479 (2006)
- M. Tinker, E. Schonbrun, J-B. Lee, and W. Park, “Process integration and development of inverted photonic crystal arrays”, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 24, 705 (2006)
- E. Schonbrun, M. Tinker, W. Park and J.-B. Lee, “Negative Refraction in a Si-Polymer Photonic Crystal Membrane”, IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett. 17, 1196 (2005)
- Q. Wu and W. Park, “Broadband Sub-Wavelength Imaging by Mechanically Tunable Photonic Crystal”, J. Comput. Theor. Nanosci. 2, 202 (2005)
- W. Park and J.-B. Lee, “Mechanically Tunable Photonic Crystal Structure”,Appl. Phys. Lett. 85, 4845 (2004)
- W. Park and C. J. Summers, “Optical Properties of Superlattice Photonic Crystal Waveguides”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 84, 2013 (2004)
- C. J. Summers, C. W. Neff and W. Park, “Active Photonic Crystal Nano-Architectures”, J. Nonlinear Opt. Phys. Mater. 12, 587 (2003)
- J. S. King, C. W. Neff, C. J. Summers, W. Park, S. Blomquist, E. Forsythe and D. Morton, “High-filling-fraction inverted ZnS opals fabricated by atomic layer deposition”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 83, 2566 (2003)
- J. Ihanus, M. Ritala, M. Leskela, E. Soininen, W. Park, A. E. Kaloyeros, W. Harris, K. W. Barth, A. W. Topol, T. Sajavaara, and J. Keinonen, “Blue and green emitting SrS:Cu electroluminescent devices deposited by the atomic layer deposition technique”, J. Appl. Phys. 94, 3862 (2003)
- W. Park and C. J. Summers, "Extraordinary Refraction and Dispersion in 2D Photonic Crystal Slabs", Opt. Lett. 27, 1387 (2002)
- W. Park, C. J. Summers, Y. R. Do and H. G. Yang, "Photoluminescence Properties of the Red Emitting BaGdB9O16:Eu Phosphor", J. Mater. Sci. 37, 4041 (2002)
- W. Park, J. S. King, C. W. Neff, C. Liddell and C. J. Summers, "ZnS-Based Photonic Crystals", Phys. Stat. Sol. (b) 229, 949 (2002)
- P. D. Rack, J. J. Peterson, M. D. Potter and W. Park, "Eu+3 and Cr+3 Doping for Red Cathodoluminescence in ZnGa2O4", J. Mater. Res. 16, 1429 (2001)
- Y. R. Do, D. H. Park, H. G. Yang, W. Park, B. K. Wagner, K. Yasuda and C. J. Summers, "Uniform Nano-Scale SiO2 Encapsulation of ZnS Phosphors for Improved Aging Properties under Low Voltage Electron Beam Excitation", J. Electrochem. Soc. 148, G548 (2001)
- S. W. Lu, T. Copeland, B. I. Lee, W. Tong, B. K. Wagner, W. Park and F. Zhang, "Synthesis and Luminescence Properties of Mn2+ doped Zn2SiO4 phosphors by a Hydrothermal Method", J. Phys. Chem. Solids 62, 777 (2001)