Conference & Professional Society Activities
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience (2004 - Present)
- Editorial Board Member, Nano Convergence (2013 - Present)
- Program Committee for Photonics Track, The 8th Joint Conference on Information Sciences, Salt Lake City, UT, July 21-26, 2005.
- Program Committee for Fundamental Physics of Periodic and Random Media Session, 2007 Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics/Quantum Electronics and Laser Science Conference (CLEO/QELS), Baltimore, MD, May 7-11, 2007.
- Program Committee for the International Meeting on Information Display (2008 – 2012)
- Guest Editor, Special Issue on Negative Index Materials, MRS Bulletin Oct. 2008.
- International Program and Technical Committee for the OSA Topical Conference on Nanophotonics, Nanjing, China, May 26-29, 2008.
- Co-organizer (with D. Pawlak), A Special Session on the Bottom-up Approach Towards Metamaterials and Plasmonics, The 4th International Conference on Metamaterials, Photonic Crystals and Plasmonics, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, Mar. 18 - 22, 2013.
- Co-organizer (with D. Pawlak), A Special Session on the Bottom-up Approach Towards Metamaterials and Plasmonics, The 5th International Conference on Metamaterials, Photonic Crystals and Plasmonics, Singapore, May 20 - 23, 2014.
- Program Committee for Nanoengineering: Fabrication, Properties, Optics, and Devices XI, SPIE Optics + Photonics 2014, San Diego, CA, Aug. 17-21, 2014.
- Program Committee, International Symposium on Electro-Optics and Nonlinear Optics, Harbin, China, Sep. 2-4, 2014.
- Member, Optical Society of America.
- Member, Society of Photographic Instrument Engineers (SPIE).
- NEC USA, Inc., C & C Research Laboratories, Princeton, NJ (2000)
- Daejoo Electronic Materials Co., Ltd., Shiheung, Korea (2000 - 2002)
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA (2001 - 2003)
- PhosphorTech Corp., Atlanta, GA (2008 - 2009)
- Redwave Inc., Glen Ellyn, IL (2013 - 2014)
Other Service Activities
- Member, Graduate Studies Committee, ECE department (2003 - 2009)
- Chair, Faculty Search Committee in ECE (2007 - 2008)
- Member, Optics Faculty Search Committee (Chair: Dana Anderson), 2007-2008
- Member, Executive Committee, ECEE department (2010 - Present)
- Chair, Faculty Search Committee in ECEE (2012 - 2013)
- Member, Provost’s Faculty Achievement Award Committee (2013)
- Chair, Faculty Search Committee in ECEE (2013 - 2014)
- Member, Exploratory Committee for Bioengineering Minor (2014)
- Reviewed research proposals for the National Science Foundation, U.S. Civilian Research & Development Foundation, The Implementation Group and Maryland Technology Development Corporation.
- Reviewed manuscripts for numerous journals including Nature Communications, ACS Nano, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, ACS Photonics, Nanophotonics, Light: Science & Applications, Physical Review B, Applied Physics Letters, Optics Letters, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, Journal of Optical Society of America B, Optics Express, Optical Materials, Materials Research Bulletin, Journal of the Society for Information Display, Journal of the Electrochemical Society Letters, Journal of Solid State Chemistry and Materials Research Society Symposium Proceeding.
- Nanotechnology @ Mamie Doud Eisenhower Public Library, An Outreach Program for Children with ages between 9 and 14, Mamie Doud Eisenhower Public Library, Broomfield, CO (2007 - Present)
- The 2014 event held on Apr. 5 attracted a total of 58 children and parents.
- Nanotechnology: the Primer, A Special Lecture for Adults, Mamie Doud Eisenhower Public Library, Broomfield, CO, Apr. 7, 2012.
- Nanotechnology: the Primer, A Special Lecture for Adults, Aurora Public Library, Aurora, CO, Sep. 9, 2012.
- Optics at the Nanoscale: From Killing Cancer to Invisibility Cloak, Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans (SACNAS) Rocky Mountain Regional Meeting, Denver, CO, Aug. 28, 2009.