We accept samples from the University of Colorado systems, Federal Institutes, Non-profit organizations, and Cooperates.
If you wish to submit samples to the mass spectrometry laboratory for analysis, please follow the guidelines listed on our "Samples" page.
If you want to submit samples, please visit our new billing/instrument reservation page.
We are always available to discuss the capabilities of the laboratory, provide advice on what preparative and analytical methods to use, and discuss the interpretation of results. We are here to help and are happy to do so. Here is a shortlist of the services we routinely provide.
- Intact protein molecular weight estimation
- Sample preparation for LC-MS/MS analysis (In-solution digestion, in-gel digestion, on-beads digestion of samples from immunoprecipitation)
- Identification of protein from SDS-PAGE or solution (e.g. purified protein)
- Affinity-purification mass spectrometry (AP-MS, e.g. immuno-precipitated samples)
- Quantitative proteomics (e.g. Label-Free, SILAC, TMT-based quantification)
- Hydrogen/Deuterium exchange mass spectrometry (HDX-MS)
- Low-resolution LC-MS analysis (quick-check of products from synthesis) on Agilent 6120
- High-resolution mass estimation (errors are mostly 5 ppm or under) on Synapt G2 HDMS
- Complex sample analysis using GC-MS and/or LC-MS
- Multiple reaction monitoring, single reaction monitoring quantification (MRM, SRM) on QTRAP 4000
Any questions you may have regarding sample preparation, data interpretation, or method of analysis are welcome. We are happy to help you during the experimental design of your project in order to maximize the information resulting from our MS analysis.