LISA Domain Expert-Statistical Collaborator Agreement
Services provided by our collaborators are contingent on compliance with the terms below.
Statistical Collaborator Agreements:
- We will notify all parties involved at least 24 hours in advance if we must cancel a meeting or arrive late.
- We will provide assistance in a timely manner to our clients.
- We will advise clients on appropriate analyses for their data and assist in performing the analyses after we have discussed potential co-authorship opportunities.
- We will discuss with the client any statistical assumptions made and the potential drawbacks of the analyses.
- We will attempt to explain the statistical methods used in terms the client understands.
Domain Expert (Client) Agreements:
- I will provide 24 hours notice to all parties if I must cancel a meeting or arrive late for any reason. Failure to provide this notice will result in forfeiture of statistical collaboration privileges for the remainder of the semester.
- To make the most of my time with my statistical collaborators I will come prepared to the first meeting with clearly defined research goals and questions, research papers that may assist the collaborators in solving my problem, and the results of any analyses already performed—including plots or graphs. An exception to this is if you are coming to LISA for help clarifying your research goals and questions.
- I understand that video recordings of my collaboration meetings may be used for research purposes regarding the effectiveness of LISA collaboration.
- I understand that many problems cannot be solved in just one meeting and am prepared to meet several times with the statistical collaboration team if needed.
- I understand that some LISA projects will be involved in a research study regarding the effectiveness of the LISA collaboration model that will require me to participate in two initial collaboration meetings for my project.
- I understand that statistical collaborators primarily provide advice and assistance for my project and do not typically clean or format data for clients or analyze data before having a conversation about potential co-authorships.
- When appropriate I will give feedback regarding my experience with my statistical collaborators (you will be emailed a link for submitting feedback).
- I understand that I cannot receive assistance on class projects or homework.