LISA (Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Statistical Analysis) was originally created in 1948 at Virginia Polytechnic Institute in Blacksburg, VA, USA as the Statistical Laboratory to help agricultural researchers design experiments, analyze data, and interpret results. The Statistical Laboratory changed its name in 1973 to the Statistical Consulting Center at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Then in 2008, the Statistical Consulting Center was reorganized and renamed LISA, with Dr. Eric Vance becoming its first director. In 2016, LISA moved to the University of Colorado Boulder and officially opened its doors on October 20, 2016.
Past reports of LISA at Virginia Tech (2008-2016) can be found on their Annual Reports page.