The Holewinski lab group seeks a postdoctoral researcher with experience in electrochemistry, heterogeneous catalysis, and/or analytical chemistry. A successful candidate must be flexible to ensure meeting deliverables for a fast-paced, deadline-oriented project. Specific job responsibilities will include
- Design and implementation of reactors for electrocatalytic transformation of small organic molecules and integration of analytical methods including infrared and Raman spectroscopy.
- Development of multi-phase product analysis protocols using gas and liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy.
- Synthesis of materials and characterization by electron microscopy, x-ray spectroscopy, and related techniques.
- Supervision, training, and mentoring of student research personnel
- Development of new, synergistic research directions for the group
- General laboratory maintenance, safety, and procurement tasks.
- Exhibiting a strong commitment to rigorous and detailed hypothesis-driven investigation
Minimum requirements: PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or closely related field.