Information for All Bowman/Stansbury Group Members
Sending an email to the group:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. This will reach all Bowman/Stansbury group members, including Chris and Jeff. If you sign up for an instrument for a large block of time and then realize you can't use it, please send an email to the group letting people know, so someone else can use it if they need it.
Each instrument has a Google Calendar used for sign ups. BreAnne Poirier (Breanne.Poirier@colorado.edu) can be contacted to be put in touch with the lab member in charge of training for each piece of equipment. Adam Dobson (Adam.Dobson@colorado.edu) can be contacted if there is a need for access to an individual calendar or for long term use of a piece of equipment. Please inform the group if a specific piece of equipment or instrument needs to be used for an extended length of time.
Weekly group meeting:
Our group meeting is every Thursday at 12:30pm in E1B11 for Fall 2022. You need to make every effort to be there - do your best not to schedule any classes during that time. If there is a core required class that you absolutely can't get out of during that time, contact Alex (email@example.com), or the current person in charge of scheduling group meeting, to let him know before the semester starts, and we will try to adjust.
- Every week at group meeting, one person will present their research and one person will present a current piece of literature. This rotates through all group members. If you get scheduled on a day when you have a conflict, try to find someone else that will swap their day with you.
- When choosing a piece of literature to present, here are the rules:
- Must have been published within the last year
- Must be in a journal with impact factor 10 or higher
- Your presentation should be 2-3 slides maximum
- You want to choose something that you think will be interesting to the group at large, and suggest ways that the results of the paper might be helpful to us. Some typical journals we often use are: JACS, Advanced Materials, Advanced Functional Materials, Angewandte Chemie, Science, Nature, Nature Materials, Nature Chemistry.
Weekly small group meetings:
Small group meetings rotate on Thursdays 11:30-12:30pm in C124 for Fall 2022. These are informal meetings to talk about any interesting results or related topics/questions you want to discuss with fellow group members and/or Chris. You should plan to go to the meetings that are related to your project. Additionally, you are welcome to attend any other meetings that interest you.
Weekly individual meetings:
See explanation in the “New Member To-Do List.” First and second year students should meet individually with Chris at least once every 2 weeks. Everyone else, at least once a month.
- If there is a conference you would like to attend, you need to clear it with Chris before submitting an abstract.
- Fill out the Travel Authorization and Reimbursement form, get Chris’ signature, and return the completed form to Bre Poirier.
- Booking flights is done either through Concur (available through the MyCUInfo website) or through Christopherson Travel.
- Procurement cards CANNOT be used for hotels, transportation, or other travel related expenses. You need to use your own credit card and then apply for reimbursement afterwards, so be sure to save your receipts.