All interested faculty are welcome to join our team and we encourage you to contact either Angela Bielefeldt or Alessandro Roncone for initial information, orientation and subscription to our mailing list.
Over the first year, the bulk of the IRT funding will be devoted to seed grants. These will be largely unconstrained to support research related to the IRT theme, with a range of funding from $5,000 to $20,000. The funding may be used for any justifiable expenses, which could include graduate student support or travel, for example. Each grant should include a significant collaboration between units and/or with an industry partner. The selection criteria includes fostering new research collaborations within CU, fostering new research collaboration with industry or K-12 schools, and demonstrated potential for external funding after the grant. Particular attention will be given to projects focused on preliminary research that may become instrumental to apply to large proposals that will help the IRT mission.
Projects with multiple researchers are recommended, and a Principle Investigator from within CEAS must be identified who will manage the award. A single person may not be a PI on more than one proposal. A single individual may receive funding from no more than two proposals.
- Catalyze new research collaborations at the intersection of EER and AI
- Enhance the reputation of CU in Engineering Education and Artificial Intelligence research
- Grow infrastructure and research capacity (people, expertise, equipment)
- Compete for ‘center-scale’ and other large research grants
- October 25, 2020: Submit a notice of intent via Google form
- November 15, 2020: Phase 1 seed grant proposals due
- December 15, 2020: Phase 1 seed grants awarded
- January 30, 2021: Phase 2 seed grant proposals due
- February 28, 2021: Phase 2 seed grants awarded
- June 30, 2021: All seed grant funds must be spent
- July 30, 2021: Submit 1-page report summarizing the outcomes from the grant
- Fall 2021: Present your work in Y2 Kick off meeting