Do you have an idea that needs a boost?
Get Seed Funding is a micro-funding opportunity for CU Boulder undergrads and grads that provides up to $500 in funding for entrepreneurial ideas in the making. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed by the Innovation Action Team.
NOTE: if your venture has generated $1000 or more in profit, you are welcome to come pitch, but you will be less likely to receive funding unless there is an outstanding reason why seed funding will help your business flourish.
How do I participate?
- Apply online anytime fall or spring semester. Funding is awarded on a rolling basis.
- A committee of students will review your application.
- Applications that meet the criteria will be asked give an in person presentation to the committee.
- At that point, seed grant funding will be determined to best fit the applicant's milestone.
What can be funded?
Here are a few examples of funding that can be awarded (things that can be purchased with a credit card):
Prototyping materials (hardware, building materials, 3D printing filament, fabric, tools...)
Market research/customer discovery (food for focus groups, printing costs for flyers, surveys,...)
Business development materials (domain name, business cards, software, website design tools,...)
What can NOT be funded?
- One-time events and promotional events
- Services (hiring a designer or developer)
- Purchase, rental and renovation of office/business space
- Companies already earning revenue
- Equipment that is not the core of the business (e.g., cell phones, laptops, etc.)
Fall 2017 Winners
Spring 2018 Winners
Send an email to email@example.com