Do you have an idea that needs a boost?
Get Seed Funding is a micro-funding opportunity for CU Boulder undergrads and grads that provides up to $500 in funding for entrepreneurial ideas in the making. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed by the Innovation Action Team.
NOTE: If your venture has generated $1,000 or more in profit, you are welcome to come pitch, but you will be less likely to receive funding unless there is an outstanding reason why seed funding will help your business flourish.
Looking for pitch advice? Meet with the Get Seed Funding team to practice your presentation and receive feedback on your pitch at no additional cost.
How do I participate?
- Apply online anytime fall or spring semester (not available during the summer semester). Funding is awarded on a rolling basis.
- A committee of students on the Innovation Action Team will review your application.
- Applications that meet the criteria will be asked give an in-person presentation to the committee.
- At that point, seed grant funding will be determined to best fit the applicant's milestone.
What can be funded?
Here are a few examples of funding that can be awarded (things that can be purchased with a credit card):
- Prototyping materials (hardware, building materials, 3D printing filament, fabric, tools...)
- Market research/customer discovery (food for focus groups, printing costs for flyers, surveys...)
- Business development materials (domain name, business cards, software, website design tools...)
What can NOT be funded?
- One-time events and promotional events
- Services (hiring a designer or developer)
- Purchase, rental and renovation of office/business space
- Equipment that is not the core of the business (such as cell phones, laptops...)
- Companies that are already earning revenue