Congratulations to the Class of 2022!
The Spring 2022 International Affairs Program recognition graduation ceremony will take place on Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 5:00pm MDT in the University Memorial Center (UMC) Glenn Miller Ballroom.
The IAFS Program ceremony is approximately one hour long and is a regalia (cap & gown) event to celebrate our graduates of fall 2021, spring 2022, and summer 2022. A reception will follow the ceremony and be held on the outdoor terrace of the UMC Glenn Miller Ballroom. Family and friends are welcome to attend our ceremony and reception.
- Graduates, please complete the RSVP form: RSVP Here (it is not required to attend, however, it helps with our planning purposes to ensure there are enough seats for our graduates).
- We do not require or give tickets for our event. It is open to all attendees.
- All campus parking lots will be open on a “space available” basis for public parking during commencement. Parking on campus, including at parking meters and pay station lots is FREE on the day of Commencement and on all Recognition Ceremony Days (May 5 – 8). Full details including parking maps and instructions on recommended areas to park is available on the Parking Services webpage for Commencement. To be closest to the Glenn Miller Ballroom in the University Memorial Center (UMC), we recommend Euclid Parking Garage and Lot 204.
- The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to providing equal access to individuals with disabilities. If you are planning to attend this event and require accommodations, please contact IAFS@colorado.edu no later than 7 days before the event. We will make all reasonable efforts to fulfill requests submitted after the deadline.
- Doors open at 4:30pm MDT. Please do not enter the ballroom beforehand (even to save seats). This prevents us from set up, thus delaying the ceremony start.
- Graduates are strongly encouraged to wear regalia (cap & gown). You can purchase regalia from the CU Book Store either in-store or online.
- At our ceremony, diploma covers will be distributed. If you are not attending the IAFS ceremony but wish to pick up a diploma cover from our office, please email IAFS@colorado.edu. Your official diploma will be mailed to your permanent address on file with CU Boulder.
- If you are a fall 2021 graduate, please email IAFS@colorado.edu if you are planning to attend the IAFS spring 2022 ceremony, so we can ensure your name is in our program correctly.
- If you are a summer 2022 graduate, please email IAFS@colorado.edu if you are planning to attend the IAFS spring 2022 ceremony - otherwise, our program will not show your name.
- It is very important that all graduates review the "Graduation Student Checklist", apply for graduation, and update their permanent address on file with the university. See more below.
- Complete the IAFS Senior Exit Survey (takes 5 minutes): Survey Link
All email communications regarding our graduation ceremony are sent to our students' email accounts (colorado.edu only) and is the responsibility of the student to inform and/or share with their families and friends.
Information regarding the University of Colorado Spring Commencement 2022 as well as a pre-graduation checklist, cap & gown information, and more can be found here.
- Review the pre-graduation checklist. Learn more here.
- Review your degree requirements with your advisor. This includes certificate programs that may be on your degree audit.
- Verify your graduation deadlines. Also, pay close attention to the CU Academic Calendar.
- Apply for graduation online through the student portal. Learn more here.
- Update your permanent address.
- Clear your records if you have I's and IF's or other pending grades.
- Order your cap and gown. Learn more here. Additional information about cords, stoles, tassels and medals in Graduation FAQs below.
- Check to make sure you are not registered for future courses in your current degree program for an upcoming term.
- Contact Career Services for professional resume help and resources.
- Learn more about Forever Buffs Network, the Alumni Association (lots of benefits noted!), and the IAFS Alumni Group in LinkedIn.
- Diplomas & Certificates
- CU Boulder mail your complimentary paper diploma and/or certificate approximately eight weeks after the end of the semester in which you complete your degree requirements. If you didn't establish a separate diploma address when you applied to graduate, your diploma will be mailed to your home address (note: the post office will not forward your diploma if your address changes). Your diploma will only be mailed if you've satisfied all your financial obligations within one year after graduation. Students who resolve their financial hold after the allotted time must instead order a replacement diploma.
- Your permanent address on file is according to the Registrar’s office – it is your responsibility to check your permanent address on file and update as needed.
- Learn more about Ordering Diplomas and Certificates on the Registrar's webpage.
- Office of the Registrar's Graduation & Diploma FAQs: Click here.
- Cords, Stoles, Tassels, & Latin Honors Medals
- Cords, stoles, and tassels can be purchased at the CU Bookstore as well as cap & gown regalia. BA degree candidates wear white tassels indicating the arts. The bachelor's commencement regalia degree stole is white for Arts & Sciences. There is also a souvenir tassel and stole available.
- Information on cords, stoles, and tassels can be found on the university commencement website, including information on the legacy cord and stole of gratitude.
- Latin Honors medals: They are awarded at the Honors Program graduation ceremony. They do not release medals before their ceremony. If they don’t attend their ceremony, students can pick up medals at the reception directly after the ceremony, or from the Honors Program office ceremony. Contact the Honors program directly for details. If not able to come that day, students need to contact the Honors Program for planning to get their medal and certificate.
- Winter Ceremony
- Currently, International Affairs does not provide a fall/winter program ceremony. We encourage our fall/winter graduates to participate in the University-wide celebrations and join all academic year IAFS graduates in our spring ceremony.
- Spring 2022 Recognition Ceremonies
- Here is the list for the CU Spring 2022 Recognition Ceremonies
As we continued to face unique challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the IAFS program held virtual celebrations to honor the Class of 2021 and our Fall 2020 graduates while keeping our community safe. Click the blue link to view the Spring 2021 International Affairs Graduation Virtual Ceremony (website) featuring videos, a message from the director, and individual graduate recognition slides. The gold link is the IAFS graduation program for class of 2021. Spring 2021 Virtual Ceremony IAFS Spring 2021 Program PDF