Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences Steven Leigh speaking to honors graduates at the Spring 2016 Honors Convocation in the UMC Glenn Miller Ballroom.
The Honors Convocation celebrates the achievements of students graduating with Latin honors. Undergraduates who have successfully written and defended an honors thesis are awarded the honors designations of cum laude, magna cum laude, or summa cum laude.
The Spring 2017 Honors Convocation will be held Friday, May 12, 2017 at 11:00am on Farrand Field. Students who earn Latin honors will be required to RSVP. RSVP instructions will be sent to students during the last week of April.
Things to know:
- Students will receive an honors medal and an empty diploma cover during the ceremony. Honors recognition certificates will be distributed to students at the reception afterward.
- We require students to wear regalia to the ceremony.
- Accessibility: For accessibility accommodations, contact the ADA coordinator's office as soon as possible to make arrangements.
- Parking: The office of Parking and Transportation Services has a number of suggestions about event parking.
- Photography: GradImages photographs students during the ceremony and will contact students via email regarding photo purchases.
- Please note: if you are attending the main Commencement ceremony at Folsom Field, the university will be enforcing a clear bag policy.