The Honors Convocation is a twice-yearly event during which the Honors Program celebrates the achievements of those who are graduating with Latin honors. At this event, students who have successfully navigated the process of graduating with honors are awarded the designation of summa cum laude, magna cum laude or cum laude.
The Honors Convocation includes speeches by the Director of the Honors Program, the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, and the Outstanding Graduate of the College. Students who have earned Latin honors are then invited on stage to receive their medal and certificate. A catered reception immediately follows the ceremony.
The Spring 2015 Honors Convocation will be held on Friday, May 8th from 9:00-11:00 a.m. in the Glenn Miller Ballroom.
If you cannot attend Convocation, please contact us to arrange a time to pick up your medal and certificate.
- Dress: Graduation regalia are not worn at this event. Students tend to dress business casual.
- Seating: Students can sit with their family and friends anywhere they choose; there is no assigned seating or limit to the number of people a student may bring. We encourage students graduating with honors to invite family members, friends, and mentors to share in the celebration. In the spring, space can be limited and we do ask that guests be courteous of one another if seating becomes scarce.
- Accessibility: If special accomodations are required, please contact the ADA coordinator's office at least two weeks in advance of the event so they can make appropriate arrangements. They can be reached at email@example.com or 303-492-0956.
- Absences: If you can't make it to Convocation, you can contact our office to arrange to pick up your medal and certificate at another time.
- Photography: The Honors Program has contracted with GradImages to photograph graduates as they are receiving their medal and certificate. GradImages will contact students directly regarding photo purchases.