Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences Steven Leigh speaking to honors graduates at the Spring 2016 Honors Convocation in the UMC Glenn Miller Ballroom.
The Honors Convocation celebrates the achievements of students graduating with Latin honors. Undergraduates who have successfully written and defended an honors thesis are awarded the honors designations of cum laude, magna cum laude or summa cum laude.
The Fall 2016 Honors Convocation will be held on Friday, December 16th from 8:00-10:00am in Duane Physics G1B20. No RSVP is required. We hope to see you there!
Things to know:
- Students will receive an honors medal and an empty diploma cover during the ceremony. Honors recognition certificates will be distributed to students at the reception afterward.
- Wearing regalia is not required. Students are welcome to dress in business casual.
- Accessibility: For accessibility accommodations, contact the ADA coordinator's office as soon as possible to make arrangements.
- Parking: The office of Parking and Transportation Services has a number of suggestions about event parking.
- Photography: GradImages will photograph students receiving their medal and will contact students regarding photo purchases.