To our graduate and professional colleagues,
Welcome back to a new semester! Please see below for a weekly update from the Graduate and Professional Student Government, which you should also be receiving from your department representative or college senator.
Upcoming events and opportunities:
- GPSG meetings
- Grad and Professional student events on the CU Calendar
- Applications for Spring travel grants are open, due Friday, January 28.
Week in Review:
- Our first Assembly meeting of the semester was on Wednesday. These meetings are always open to the public.
- We met with the Graduate School this week. We will be adding graduate students to the Housing Master Plan Committee. Other discussion items included how to coordinate communications and structure CUBT emails to better engage graduate students.
- GPSG welcomes Jennifer Reeve as Executive Advisory Committee representative and Benjamin Burney as Dir. Social Events! We are looking for students to join two committees: graduate mentoring and to discuss the possibility of adding a third semester to the academic calendar. See current openings to work with GPSG.
- GPSG executives meet regularly with high level campus administrators such as the Chancellor, the Chief Operations Officer, the Dean of the Grad School and many others. If you have questions/concerns that should be addressed to these people please let us know! Assembly meetings are also the appropriate place to discuss these topics.
- Please let us know if there are particular issues you’d like us to prioritize in the new year!
We hope you stay safe and have a great week,
GPSG Executive Team