To our graduate and professional colleagues,
This is our last edition before the holidays! Please see below for a weekly update from the Graduate and Professional Student Government, which you should also be receiving from your department representative or college senator.
Upcoming events and opportunities:
- GPSG meetings
- all meetings are on hold until the next semester
- Grad and Professional student events on the CU Calendar
- To avoid the possibility of having a delay in enrollment in the CU student health insurance for spring semester make sure you are enrolled in classes or dissertation credits before December 9th!
- Our Director of Social Events is hosting a coffee hour for grad and professional students next Monday from 10-11 at Pekoe on campus! Stop by to get $3 off your coffee or snack. Click here for more info
Week in Review:
- We met with the IDEA council and the Director of Residence Life last week. We will be meeting with the Chancellor and the Graduate School once more before winter break.
- Fee Advisory Board meeting next week. GPSG is proposing significant changes to Institutional Fee Plan. We believe this is the central way we can control/reduce fees for grad & professional students.
- As of December 25th, Bobby Vondrasek is resigning from the President of Outreach position to be replaced by Mckenzie Dice. We would like to thank Bobby for his years of service to GPSG and the grad student body as Director of Legislative Affairs, President, and President of Outreach.
- The GPSG Assembly is on winter break! Assembly meetings will resume the first week of classes in January. GPSG executives and officers will continue to work until December 23rd. We will be observing CU Boulder administrative holiday leave December 24th - January 3rd.
- GPSG welcomes Marlene Palomar as the new Senator for the College of Education! See current openings to work with GPSG.
- Ryan Gomez will be serving as Dir. Legislative Affairs starting in Spring. Ryan will be replacing Mckenzie Dice as she takes the Pres. Outreach position.
- Please let us know if there are particular issues you’d like us to prioritize in the new year!
We hope you stay safe and have a great week,
GPSG Executive Team