I teach courses in Geographic Information Science, GIS Modeling, Cartography and Information Design. My research interests focus on generalization, understanding the impacts of scale and resolution on data and modeling, representing uncertainty, and designing visualization tools for environmental modeling. I am a Past President of the American Cartographic Association. In 2001, I was named GIS Educator of the Year by the University Consortium for Geographic Information Science.
Recent Courses Taught
- Spring 2020 GEOG 4103/5103 GIS: Spatial Analytics
- Fall 2019 GEOG 4203/5203 GIS: Spatial Modeling
- Spring 2019 GEOG 4103/5103 GIS: Spatial Analytics
- Fall 2018 GEOG 4203/5203 GIS: Spatial Modeling
- Spring 2018 GEOG 4103/5103 GIS: Spatial Analytics
- Spring 2018 GEOG4503/5503 GIS: Project Management