Spot Award nominations
E-mail Kerry to recognize a colleague with a $10 gift card - please specify whether you would like to award them a C4C meal card, a Target gift card or an Amazon e-gift card (sent via email)
Two (2) awards of $50 each are awarded monthly - winners are selected by the employee recognition committee after reviewing all the nominations that are submitted each month.
Nominate an individual for a Star Award
Nominate a team within Infrastructure & Sustainability for a Constellation Award to recognize outstanding team efforts. Shops/Units/Teams/Cross-divisional units are nominated by coworkers and supervisors, and one winning team is month is selected by the Employee Recognition Committee after reviewing all nominations that are submitted each month. The winning team is awarded a team meal or other fun team building activity.
Nominate a team for a Constellation Award
Work Tango (formerly Kazoo)
Work Tango is an online platform that enables employees to receive recognition from colleagues, celebrate others through recognition, and redeem recognition points for rewards.This program is in addition to our current Spot, Star, and Constellation programs. The Work Tango online recognition platform is available to start using right away.The platform is accessible anytime by going to https://colorado.kazoohr.com/ or using the Work Tango app on iOS or Android. We encourage you to log in to explore the platform. Send your first recognition to someone who has recently exemplified integrity, inclusive excellence, innovation, collaboration or good communication. If you are a supervisor, send specific and timely words of appreciation to your direct reports. The more of us who send recognition to others, the more visible our successes become.
How to post your first note of recognition today:
To log in:
- Visit https://colorado.kazoohr.com/
- Log in with your IdentiKey
To send recognition:
- Click on the “Send Recognition” button on the top of the Activity Feed.
- Search for recipients by typing their name in the recipients field.
- Type your recognition message.
- Assign a points per person value. Your points to send balance is available on the right side in the “Your Wallet” tile.
- Complete the remainder of the form and select “Send Recognition.”
You can also give any post a "High Five" and add 5 rewards points to it.
Tips to give effective ACTS of recognition:
- Appropriate: Public recognitions sent through Kazoo will be visible on the department and division’s Kazoo feed for all users within that group. Kazoo also allows a private recognition setting that is viewable only by the recipient of recognition.
- Consistent: Over time, consistent recognition creates a culture of appreciation and connection.
- Timely: Don’t wait until the end of the month or quarter. Recognize in the moment to ensure the acknowledgement is connected to the positive behavior.
- Specific: Give detail! What did the employee do that is deserving of recognition, and what was the positive impact?
Visit the CU Boulder WorkTango webpage for more information and FAQ’s. If you have additional questions, please contact CampusHR@colorado.edu for assistance.
Thank you for helping recognize the great work of your colleagues.