Provide grounds maintenance for all campus general fund exterior spaces, these services
- Turf management, mowing, fertilization, aeration, over seeding and weed control of campus lawns.
- Irrigation system operation and maintenance of underground irrigation and ditch water delivery system (including pond maintenance).
- Basic grounds keeping: installing mulch, raking leaves, shrub, perennial and vine maintenance and pruning, weed control in beds, installing new shrubs, perennials and ground covers.
- Noxious weed control or rough mowing for native areas.
- Remove debris from window wells and site drains.
- Provide equipment operation support to other Facilities trades and the campus community (Versa-lift “cherry picker”, back hoe, front end loaders, fork lifts).
- Building entryway detailing, including service and instillation of campus standard trash receptacles, pressure washing, general litter and debris clean up.
- Service exterior trash cans (and some recycling stations) and pick up litter and ground trash.
- Conduct exterior graffiti removal for non-painted surfaces, monitor campus for illegal postings.
- Monitor condition of campus trees, prune, remove or plant new trees.
- Work closely with the campus Landscape Architect to comply with the Campus Master Plan and make improvements to exterior campus spaces as funding allows.
- Snow removal and ice abatement for all general fund locations around campus.
- Participate in Facilities Management work process and customer service improvements.
- Coordinate with off campus vendors for completion of special projects and interface with internal Facilities Management projects to minimize impact to campus landscapes
- Conduct all of our maintenance activities in a manner that ensures safety of the campus community and property.
- Similar Services are provided to some campus auxiliary departments on a recharge (or contractual) basis.