Carr Tancig Collage

Carr Tancig will earn a B.EnvD specializing in architecture with a minor in business and plans to go abroad to Italy this summer before entering the workforce.

Carr TancigThanks guys. It was a fun 4 years.

Where are you from? 
Boulder, CO 

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD. 
AIAS (American Institute of Architecture Students) Board Member 2022-2023 

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school? 
I always knew I wanted to study architecture, and being from Boulder it made sense to go into Environmental Design because it was so close and such a good program. 

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life? 
Many, many skills. ENVD taught me a lot of valuable organization and communication skills which will help me in every aspect of my future. 

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students? 
Just keep looking forward and try not to be a perfectionist. Also, learn what your strengths are and focus in them. 

Describe one of your favorite memories. 
Freshman year in the basement studios finishing projects with friends the night before a presentation. The communal feeling that came from those times was incredible and the people I met down there will be some of my most valued lifelong friends. 

If you could say anything to your classmates what would you say? 
Thanks guys. It was a fun 4 years. 

What does graduating from college represent for you? 
A new exciting chapter. The future is exciting but at the same time I will miss being a CU student. 

What are your plans beyond graduation? 
I am going abroad to Italy in the fall to finish my minor, then after that I want to either work in Colorado or move to a new place.