Dave Velte collageFor Davis Velte, an architecture major minoring in business, graduating represents the culmination of a lot of hard work, learning and lots and lots of studio hours.

Davis VelteI'll miss seeing T-squares poking out of your backpacks on campus and immediately knowing you're a fellow ENVD student.

Where are you from? 
Evergreen, Colorado

What, if any, minors, dual-degrees and/or certificates are you graduating with? 
Business Minor 

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD. 
Intern for over one and a half years at Mosaic Architects and Interiors, Studied in Rome with Maryanne Holbert

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school? 
Touring ENVD was my biggest motivation. I saw how studios worked and the projects students were making and I knew I wanted to do this. 

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life? 
The biggest lesson I learned is that what you get out of an experience depends on what you put in to it. Put in the effort, try your hand at everything, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. 

Describe one of your favorite memories. 
My freshmen year we did a sketching exercise on Pearl Street early in the morning and it made me really appreciate ENVD in that it's not a conventional classroom setting. 

If you could say anything to your classmates what would you say? 
I'll miss seeing T-squares poking out of your backpacks on campus and immediately knowing you're a fellow ENVD student. 

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students? 
Take advantage of all the tools available to you, try new things, and push yourself. Also I definitely recommend keeping a Pinterest to save all the things that inspire you and drive your designs forward. 

What does graduating from college represent for you? 
Graduating represents the culmination of a lot of hard work, learning, and lots and lots of studio hours. 

What are your plans beyond graduation? 
Attending grad school or working in the architecture/design field.