Ainsley McElwee grad feature collageAinsley McElwee, a sustainable planning and urban design major from Excelsior Springs, Missouri, will graduate with minors in business and geography. 

Ainsley McElweeWhere are you from? 
Excelsior Springs, Missouri 

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school? 
I did not know what I was doing, where Boulder was, or what exactly ENVD was when I applied! Woahhh. It was truly a shot in the dark when I did it, but I really found a major that lets me explore all my passions and how they intersect in the built environment. I'm so greatful! 

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life? 
Relationships are the number one thing that contributes to my happiness and wellbeing. I put my time and energy towards maintaining them because I truly believe that great friends make for a great life. 

Describe one of your favorite memories. 
I will always remember our first year casuing chaos in the basemment. 

If you could say anything to your classmates what would you say? 
Sko buffs! 

What are your plans beyond graduation? 
This summer, I am going on a roadtrip and taking time to figure that part out. 

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students? 
Do a semester abraod if you can! 

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD. 
I am a board member of APAS and a CEDaR intern. I enjoy skiing, time well-spent with my friends, and traveling!