Caroline WaltonCaroline Walton, an environmental product design major from Fort Collins, Colorado, plans to make cool things and go to neat places after graduation.

Caroline WaltonRemember when you could just meander around ENVD and look at everyone's projects? Miss y'all!

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD.
During my time at CU, I am really thankful for the supportive community at Mixed CU. I'm also thankful for the CU Alpine club for helping me get out to beautiful places and the Environmental Center for helping me learn about sustainability on campus and how to reach out and connect to the campus community.

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school?
I came to ENVD because I thought it would be an interesting way for me to connect my interests in art and the environment in an interdisciplinary program.

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
Going to distinguished speakers events at CU was a highlight of my time here. So thankful to be able to listen to speakers like Carolyn Finney, Viola Davis, and Hasan Minhaj. It was such a privilege to hear their stories and always worth the time commitment.

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students?
Don't do things that you don't want to just because it seems too late to quit! And explore new/different things!

Describe one of your favorite memories.
Some favorite ENVD associated memories include the one late night before pinup where it was my birthday and this guy said from across the room "oof saddest birthday ever" and it was funny. Better memories include eating scones in studio and in general various foods for free in the building.

What does graduating from college represent for you?
For me, graduating from college is an accomplishment I'm proud of. It's also exciting to enter another phase of my life post-graduation.

What are your plans beyond graduation?
Make cool things and go to neat places