Wilson RawlingsWilson Rawlings, an environmental product design major from Seattle, hopes to work his way into the outdoor recreation gear industry.

Wilson RawlingsGood luck out there!

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD.
Student Manager at the CU Outdoor Program

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school?
I was very interested in the interdisciplinary nature of ENVD. I thought I might want to pursue architecture at first, but was open to having my mind changed. In the end, I'm glad I made that decision because I became more interested in product design over architecture.

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
Be open to having your mind changed. I was pretty certain I wanted to pursue architecture, but I realized that just wasn't for me. It turns out that the product design program was a much better fit.

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students?
Come into ENVD with a plan of what to study, but be open to change.

Describe one of your favorite memories.
Some of my top memories have been in the CINC working through laser cutting, 3D printing, and other prototyping projects.

What does graduating from college represent for you?
An exciting step, working towards a future career that I care about.

What are your plans beyond graduation?
Working retail in a bike shop over the summer, and hoping to work my way into the outdoor recreation gear industry.