Christopher GalenaChristopher Galena, an architecture major graduating with a Peace Corps prep certificate, plans to join the Peace Corps in the environment and agricultural sectors.

Christopher GalenaTell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD.
I was a CINC monitor from fall 2019 through May 2020. And I was a TA from fall 2019 to present. I was a campus representative for global education, bamboo construction experience.

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school?
I actually started out in engineering. But once I saw one of my floormates working on the bridge project from the freshman studio, I was sold. It had all of the hands-on and creative components I thought I was going to get out of engineering.

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
One of the most important lessons that I will be taking with me has to deal with always trying to fully understand every aspect of a situation or issue before attempting to jump in and provide solutions.

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students?
Never be satisfied with your project because no matter how developed it may seem, you can always add more.

Describe one of your favorite memories.
My ENVD experience goes hand in hand with pulling all-nighters. Although terrible and frowned upon, they provided some of the best memories. You and all of your friends staying up and grind out with each other. Everyone is so tired, they are slap happy and giggling at everything. The energy in moments like these that I would get from my peers in ENVD always helped to drive it home.

If you could say anything to your classmates what would you say?
You trying to go to the CINC?

What does graduating from college represent for you?
To me, graduating represents closing the door on a previous chapter of my life and moving on to a new one.

What are your plans beyond graduation?
After I graduate and once COVID-19 clears up a bit more, I am all set to join the Peace Corps for their environment and agricultural sectors.