Anna PoultonAnna Poulton, a landscape architecture major, will be graduating with a minor in geography with an emphasis in human geography. 

Anna PoultonI loved designing and building a temporary installation on Pearl St. about climate change. Working with my peers to actually build one of our designs and actually putting it out into the public was a super fun experience.

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD.
On the CU Mountain-Biking Team all four years and joined ASLA my last year as secretary

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school?
My dad is an ENVD alumnus and I love Boulder. I knew I wanted to be a designer and ENVD felt like the right fit.

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
The mountain bike team was one of the best parts of college. Going to races all over Colorado and New Mexico are some of the most fun times I've ever had. I met so many friends and ride my bike in the most beautiful places.

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students?
You will get out what you put in. Be serious about your future and make connections with your professors, because they are the people that will help you most once you graduate.

If you could say anything to your classmates what would you say?
I miss seeing people every day and being constantly inspired!

What does graduating from college represent for you?
Opportunity. I'm terrified for the future but confident it will work out because I'm well equipped for the working world!

What are your plans beyond graduation?
I plan to work at a firm or work on a farm, depending on what the job gods have in store for me. Eventually, I hope to open my open Landscape Architecture studio.