Jeffrey BarnettJeffrey Barnett, a landscape architecture major from Orlando, Florida, plans to join a design firm and further develop his passions and skills beyond graduation.

Jeffrey BarnettOne of my favorite memories is breezing through ENVD during studio hours--coffee in hand--peering through other students' work and prying their minds for knowledge, inspiration and catching up on life.

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD.
SALA Representative, Studio TA, and Design Research Assistant.

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school?
While investigating the program, I realized its potential value to lay the foundation where my knowledge could provide for my community material change that acks to enhance, holistically and beautifully, the spaces around us.

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
The solidarity of my CU Boulder family; their understanding, care, encouragement, and laughter are my greatest experiences. Sharing together our food, our time, our help, and our frustrations when we needed a shoulder or an ear.

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students?
The best piece of advice I can give students is to remember that your accomplishments are not ends you manifest alone, but are a clear labor that took many people, many ideas, and many generations to become--also coffee.

If you could say anything to your classmates what would you say?
I would say take the time to walk away from your work. Don't be afraid to go outside and take a walk or do something you enjoy to get your mind right and you will come up with the most brilliant ideas.

What does graduating from college represent for you?
As a first-generation college student, this is for my family. This is also is for anyone who thinks they can't go back to school and accomplish their dreams or for anyone told that they wouldn't.

What are your plans beyond graduation?
After graduation, I plan to join a design firm and further develop my passion and skill for participatory and interdisciplinary design.